cloudy cloudy

Author Topic: Adding personal weather stations/sites to my Page  (Read 14279 times)

Offline drobbins

• Kentucky, USA
    • Cave Country Weather
Re: Adding personal weather stations/sites to my Page
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2008, 02:16:32 AM »
Dave,.... I have updated your banner and link to your page.....Chris
Thanks!

Don't run the mouse on the side of your thigh when wearing lycra cycle shorts!!!! The strangest responses occur - to the cursor action that is...
I always wonder about other forum members and what they do when they are not messing with their weather station, but this was a little bit too much information.

Offline TokKiwi

• Techno Dad
  • Mech Engineer and Hobbyist
  • Tokoroa, Sth Waikato, New Zealand
    • Tokoroa North Weather
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2008, 02:20:17 AM »
I think the optical laser gets multiple depth and reflections from the weird material giving different reflection paths and different signals so it got quite confused.  I was hoping to update an html file and the mouse was giving strange commands to the cursor and it wooshed webfiles folder off the screen into oblivion - not even in the Recycle Bin, so WeatherD got horribly confused... - and so did I.  Teach me for getting off the cycle and going straight to the PC beside the upright freezer in the laundry with monitor on top - so standing up is the norm when altering/editing anything.  #-o

It was a very worrying time...

Umm - who comes home from work or a weekend vacation and goes straight to their PC to check on WD??? :oops:

Sorry - a bit O/T here... but have a laugh at my expense... :roll:

Graeme
Dad's have hobbies because they are children's rugby, football and Committee Fathers!!

Offline looney2ns

• Fearless Weather Dog-Loves to watch Lightning.
  • Near Evansville Indiana USA
    • Newburgh Weather
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2008, 06:28:16 AM »
Ok, I'll admit it, I do.  :oops:

geoffp0

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2008, 06:44:42 AM »
Hi there,

Could you please add my banner to your page.

Regards

Geoff

Sorry the server that I am using at the moment has been down all morning, hope it will be online again soon, it is in the States somewhere
« Last Edit: May 13, 2008, 10:59:39 AM by Geoff P »

Offline drobbins

• Kentucky, USA
    • Cave Country Weather
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2008, 10:50:01 AM »
Sorry - a bit O/T here... but have a laugh at my expense... Rolling Eyes
I guess, I thought, I was laughing with you, but now I realize that maybe you aren't laughing.  :oops: I know how frustrating it can be to accidentally loose many hours of work in just seconds. I hope you get things straightened out.

Offline TokKiwi

• Techno Dad
    • Tokoroa North Weather
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2008, 11:46:30 AM »
Well I was very annoyed with my own stupidity to carry on when i had little control, then it all went pear shaped.  yes it mostly all came back - i did a registry recover, forced WD to look for files in the c:\wdisplay\webfiles path, saved and restarted after bringing everything across the home network... some things still needed attention this morning and a couple of graphics were lost till this evening - i now have another copy of the important webfiles folder all stored locally on the same pc, but i was so tired at the tme - i could only be annoyed with myself and even raise a wry smile once i got it all returned...

I'm glad to be a part of Chris's banner page and when ly site goes to a menu system, i will do something similar as well ... :)  Proud of the regional networks they have created too...  and i have nothing to do with it... ;)  they are great with new forums and shared info.

cheers, time for the sack.

Graeme
Dad's have hobbies because they are children's rugby, football and Committee Fathers!!

Offline wslangerak

• Kees
  • Langerak (ZH) - The Netherlands
    • Weerstation Langerak
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2008, 05:50:38 PM »
Hi!

You can add mine if you want. WS Langerak is situated in The Netherlands.
Thanks and good luck!
the delicate sound of thunder.....

Offline niko

• syzygy
  • Global Moderator
  • Crystal Ball broken! Please post the URL.
  • Northern California, U.S.A.
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2008, 06:22:06 PM »
I guess, I thought, I was laughing with you, but now I realize that maybe you aren't laughing.  :oops: I know how frustrating it can be to accidentally loose many hours of work in just seconds. I hope you get things straightened out.

I don't think anyone was laughing at the data loss, for which he has my sympathy, but I'm man enough to admit that the mouse and spandex shorts was hard to resist  :oops:

geoffp0

« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2008, 07:32:29 PM »
Hope you can add mine now, the server is all up and running now, Harwich, Essex, UK

www.harwichweather.com

Geoff

Offline gateway2capecod

• West Wareham, Ma. USA
    • West Wareham,Ma Weather
« Reply #24 on: May 13, 2008, 10:49:21 PM »
Hello...

Netherlands and Harwich have now been added to my banners page.....Chris

Offline berdalweather

• Martin
  • Davis VP2 Plus - Model #6163
  • Berdal, Vinje, Norway
    • www.berdalweather.net
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2008, 07:58:59 PM »
I would like to join but I don't have a real banner, only the standard one from WD...

Offline TokKiwi

• Techno Dad
    • Tokoroa North Weather
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2008, 08:33:22 PM »
Martin - post a request herre..

http://www.weather-watch.com/smf/index.php/topic,25814.0.html

Its sort of for all Logos and banners, not just the round ones, Budgie - one of the resident artists may make one for you if you have a regional scene photo or something that represents your area or a landmark or even justy a nice scenic photo you have, reduce it down perhaps to 640 x 480 and post it and you may well be surprised!!

You can do one with a photo yourself like mine below and use the the Custom Screen function - there is a good sticky to use...

Graeme
« Last Edit: May 14, 2008, 08:34:58 PM by TokKiwi »