Your Web Page showing incorrect Sun Hours

Brian, I don’t know why, but since v9.94, if I go to right click mouse button on the graph and select “Your Web Page”, I am getting silly readings for the current sunshine hours for the day. It is Autumn over here and we are lucky if we get 7 hours of sunshine at this time of the season.

It is 14.50 and according to the solar graph, the sun has been shining since about 10.00am, but the total number of hours clocked since this morning is 16 hours, where it should be around 6 hours.

Well, it is now 18.30, and it is dusk, which is also noted by the “Your Web” page, but note, in the 3.5 hours since 2.50pm, the 16 hours has increased by 5 hours as it now says 21 hours!

So, for your information, what the solar graph tells me is that the 70% threshold for the “sunny” indicator was reached at 10.00, and 100% was reached at 10.10. This was maintained until 16.00 where it dropped to 70% by 16.45. A total of 6.75 hours, which is about right.

Can you please check this out. This has only happened recently and I have not changed anything recently on the solar set up.

Have a look at http://www.workandplay.org.uk/webfiles/todaysweather.htm and you will see what I mean!

Hi Andy,

What type solar sensor are you using?

Current 21.0 hours of sunshine today, current sky: Night time
Are you sure you are not on the Moon? :wink:

I am using a heat sensor that is made by Oregon Scientific. It is placed in a jam jar that is upturned with the base painted black. It works very well, although it not is 100% accurate, it is pretty close with fine tuning which took a bit of time to do.

I am using a heat sensor that is made by Oregon Scientific. It is placed in a jam jar that is upturned with the base painted black. It works very well, although it not is 100% accurate, it is pretty close with fine tuning which took a bit of time to do.
Hi Andy,

That is also what I am using. Mine works well too. However I am showing 5.7 hours of sun shine today, which is about right.
Running WD v.9.94a (and 9.94). Maybe your settings got corrupted or it is Microsoft XP pro related. :?

Well, I am not really sure why this is happening. It was working really well until now! Hopefully Brian maybe able to help me.

Tell me. Are you using the update the max solar value using the lat/long or are you using the presets which are manually fine tuned. I have used 1.1 for 0% and 7.1 for 100%. This as remained okay with the sunny threshold being set for 70%.

Well, I am not really sure why this is happening. It was working really well until now! Hopefully Brian maybe able to help me.

Tell me. Are you using the update the max solar value using the lat/long or are you using the presets which are manually fine tuned. I have used 1.1 for 0% and 7.1 for 100%. This as remained okay with the sunny threshold being set for 70%.

I am not using the update the max solar value using the lat/long. It does not work for me and gives unrealistic readings. I am using the presets which are manually fine tuned. I am using -1.1 for 0% and 23.3 for 100%. My sunny threshold is set for 75%.
Bryan may think my settings are extreme but that is what works for me with my equipment and location (after much tuning).

i have the same thing, and I have found I am adding it 2x
fixing, uploading verison 9.94b now

capt…the maxsolar thing works well,for me and others, but you need your lat/long set correct under view, sun moon
i have also added daylight saving tick (when your clock is an hour fast)

....capt....the maxsolar thing works well,for me and others, but you need your lat/long set correct under view, sun moon i have also added daylight saving tick (when your clock is an hour fast)
Hi Brian,

My lat/long are set properly for my location. Sunrise/sunset and moonrise/moonset times in WD agree with published data from other sources.

My solar data is working so well I don

if its broken, then i guess dont try to fix it…:slight_smile:

Brian, v9.94b is better, but still not right. According to the graph, the “sunny” threshold was about 9.30am. It is now 3.30 pm … that is 6 hours, but “your web” is showing 11.1 hours. That is still twice as much.

I am not sure how your software “counts” the hours and minutes, but I noticed, that 15 minutes later, the minutes were now indicating 0.5 instead of .25! Assuming you are using decimals to count, .25 is 15 minutes whereas .50 is 30 minutes. I wonder maybe is there where the problem is.

Sorry to be a pain, and hope you can fix it.

if it aint broken i meant, lol
andy, you might still have an older verison
i will keep an eye on mine today

OK, I shall download v.94b again … if you have revised and updated it since.

Sorry to tell you this Brian, but the figures are still grossly inflated. Recorded sun was 15 hours where it should have been about 7, and that is when using version 9.94c!

ok…it must be that i am running that procedure nestled from some other procedure
i will put in a flag
unfortunalty its very cloudy here, so i cant test

please try a new 9.94e now Andy
from the worst programmer and the buggiest software in the universe

I shall try it when I get home, which won’t be 'til tomorrow.

From the fussiest, and the most pedantic weather non-expert in the UK

Back home now and have download v9.94e and tried it out. Sunshine hours today was 5.4 hours, which is what I expected. I will let you know if anything happens untoward.

good news then
:stuck_out_tongue: