Debian Linux Part 2

Well, I was able to get past the libc error with an unstable release of libC,
Now I get The Following error

Exception EinOutError in Module WeatherD at 084FE15F
I/O Error 103

Any thing I should try to fix this?

Thanks

Jeff

Do you get this error when you are installing or when you try to run WD?
I think they are some other people who installed on debian, so i don’t think that should be a problem. I use Mandrake and didn’t have any of those errors. Anyone else have any ideas?

Chris

maybe check the permissions of files in the directory, that they are not write protected
and or try restarting the program

It was during install, during the initial load, I’ll double check the permissions and I’ll let you guys know what happens! Does the error 103 mean anything?

I think I/O Error 103 has something to do with the program not beening able to find a particular file, but i am just guessing :?:

Chris

Well, for some reason it does not like my install of gnome, probably because of the unstable libc6 but, being new to linux, I surely do not know. It froze with kde, but it works with xterm!

Now, can it be started when linux boots?

That is odd i am using kde and it is working fine…
It will not start up when you start linux because there is a problem with the com port. It will come up error when you start it, so you need to go under setup, com port settings, and select you com port you a using even though it is already correct. It should then start to receive the data. There should be more discussion on the com port thing in the “big” linux topic (page 13?).

Chris :?:

None of the libc6 pakages from debian will work correctly? url http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?searchon=names&keywords=libc6
Just a thought.

Chris

When I had the stable release lib6 installed, wd would not install, it was looking for at lest 2.3 of libc. I installed the unstable version, and WD starts to load, but freezes loading.

The program works with x term though.

I did stumble on the com port thing, I guess that poses a problem starting the program when linux boots!

I have just tried to use wd on a standard Debian Linux (Woody release) and had the LibC6 / GLIB_2.3 not found message.

What did you do to overcome this?

Have you now overcome all problems and have it running OK?

Thanks
Dave

I think, if you don’t mind doing an [code:1]apt-get -t unstable install libc6[/code:1]I think you should be fine(WD worked for me when I was running debian unstable just fine). I don’t know if you don’t like mixed systems though :wink:

welcome to the forum :smiley: and if you have any other questions make sure to ask :!:

Thanks for the advice.

I think I must be doing something wrong as it came back and said I already had the newest version.

I did an apt-get update - and repeated the unstable install, with same result?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dave

Thanks for the advice.

I think I must be doing something wrong as it came back and said I already had the newest version.

I did an apt-get update - and repeated the unstable install, with same result?

Any ideas?

Thanks
Dave

actually, I missed type I meant testing, not unstable :oops:
that is odd, because that is how the debian apt-get page told me how http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto/ch-apt-get.en.html#s-default-version
try [code:1]apt-get install libc6=2.3.2.ds1-13: i386[/code:1]

Thanks.

I modified sources.list to include ‘unstable’ and it all worked.

WD now works, but I have a serial port problem.

Dave

Thanks.

I modified sources.list to include ‘unstable’ and it all worked.

WD now works, but I have a serial port problem.

Dave

what does it say? you may have to [code:1]chmod 777 /dev/ttyS0[/code:1] for com port one or [code:1]chmod 777 /dev/ttyS1[/code:1] for com port 2

Worked like a treat!

Thanks for your help :smiley:

Dave