StartWatch 1.1.1 released

I’ve put up StartWatch 1.1.1
http://www.softwx.com/windows/startwatch.html

Thanks Steve…Downloaded, installed and up and running OK…

Just tried this one out, which shows up as Unregistered. Re-installed the old version I had saved, which now also shows up as Unregistered. #-o
Help, sent you an e-mail a little while ago.

Last Edit: Resolved, Thanks Steve

Downloaded & installed early this morning and it’s running super. No registration problems here.

Thanks Steve!

• Jim

As part of the changes to accomodate Vista, I’ve changed the way the registration info is stored. Apparently the code in StartWatch that automatically converts existing installations to the new model has failed on Zalmor’s setup. I’ll have to look into that. If someone else sees this same problem, let me know, preferably via email so I can send you the registration file that should solve the problem.

Steve
SoftWx

I think I know what the problem is. I will make a small change and make a new build of 1.1.1. Wait until I post here that it’s ready before downloading this version.

edited-
Nevermind, that wasn’t it. The change I was going to make I had already made. So I’m not sure what happened on Zalmor’s setup. Go ahead and use the current 1.1.1 version, and if you see this problem, let me know.

Steve
SoftWx

Interesting…I have just done an install onto my main Wx PC and on running the prog it came up as “unregistered”…entering the registration details did work OK though. From memory, there was a difference in the two installations in that the latter was being updated from the original ver1 of StartWatch whereas the first fully successful install was on a later version(1.1.0)…Both PC’s are running Win XP SP2…I hope this may help.

That was the clue I needed. The code that converts the registration info worked on the previous few versions, but not on the earliest versions that used a slightly different registration storage location. I’ve made the change and put it up on the website (build 140). Unless you had a problem with the loss of registration information, there is no need to get this if you already downloaded and installed 1.1.1

Steve
SoftWx

Glad it helped Steve…No probs with my current installation of 1.1.1 (x2)

I spoke too soon…I really aught to have looked at the full tab on that failed install (but did register OK). All the greens were there but I had the box quite small and missed the fuller entries to the RHS…It is only monitoring the 1st prog as far as I can see…see below…I will have to download the latest build…

Edit…downloaded the latest build and all progs are now being monitored and registration details held OK…phew!!

StartWatch 2008-01-13_212921.jpg

that is a disturbing screenshot! Obviously, that shouldn’t be possible! Hmmmm.

munro,
Can you close and restart StartWatch and tell me if that paradoxical state resolves?

Sorry Steve, :oops:

I got ahead of you and had already downloaded and restarted the fresh install before I saw your next input/response…a diagnostic opportunity missed perhaps…

Edit: It must be that if one is “modifying” a previous thread entry, that on re-submission one doesn’t get a reminder that there has been an additional entry made by someone else meantime…I must learn to type faster…

Steve, I upgraded from 1.1.0 to 1.1.1 and got the unregistered header. Enter my registration info and got the registered header but same info as only being able to monitor the first program with green lights on the others as in munrobaggins’ screen shot. Stopped StartWatch and restarted and got the unregistered header again.

This was by leaving the original ‘registration.txt’ file in place. When using the new ‘registration.txt’ file you sent me the registration sticks.

I have all the different versions of StartWatch so I can experiment if you need anything.

–Dave

daveq,

That information may help me recreate the problem.

I’ve made a change and uploaded a new version (build 144). This may solve this problem. However, if you have already begun the start sequence and then enter the registration info, the registration will not take effect until the next time you begin the start sequence.

Steve
SoftWx

Just upgraded from 1.1.0.?? to 1.1.1.144 successfully.

No problems upgrading this evening.

Like the credit in the About screen… thanks.

Back to the snow, AZ snow (paper) been buried since the weekend before New Years.

I just installed 1.1.1. I stopped Startwatch, installed. I lost all my settings! No big deal, but what did I do wrong? I thought I was supposed to get all my settings intact?Vista Home PremiumStartWatchVirtualVPVPLiveVWSVantage Pro 2

Because Vista can shuffle around where files are, this can happen sometimes. I put code in StartWatch specifically for the purpose of preserving the settings, but sometimes it fails. There is a feature in StartWatch called “Import Options” or something like that. It will let you browse around to find a settings file and import those settings. One place to look for you old settings file is:
c:\Users{username}\AppData\Local\Virtual Store\Program Files\SoftWx\StartWatch\startwatch.ini

Steve