Two rainfall display problems

I have a Rainwise WS200 weather station which I have recently set up. There are 2 problems with the rainfall data. If the program or the computer is switched off for a period, can be as short as a couple of mins the data logger reloads the data but always resets the rainfall graph and daily totals to zero all the other data resets properly. Have I missed somthing in the configuration?
The other problem is I am uploading from weather display to Wunderground every 4 hrs, all data is read correctly and shows up on the site ok except for rainfall where the rainfall data is added up! so for example station at 4pm records 3mm that figure still shows at 8pm unles further rainfall has fallen. The site shows it as 6mm and carries on adding to that figure throughout the day even no no additional rain may have fallen.
Is this a Wunderground problem or is there somthing I should set in the program.
Hope someone can help.
Thanks
Alan

hi
re wunderground:
wd should be passing on the rain since the last wu report…
check in the ftplogfull.txt for the data line sent to wu after a wu send , and the rain figure there

re rain being reset to zero after restart
that one seems wrong…and I dont know why that is happening…
but check under view, program error log …to see if it says doing the daily rainfall reset after you restart
if so, then use verison 9.94, it should fix that

Thanks Brian for your help, v 9.94 solved the loss of rainfall data after the computer is shut down. The problem with wunderground remains. I looked in the ftplogfull.txt file as you suggested but there does not seem to be any weather data there, though I know it is getting to the site.
The logfile starts:
List of files to be uploaded
Actual messages from upload session
Starting to dial connection
Modem change status #1
Initializing
( then the same message is repeated up to #13)
Checking for what else to do…
There are i more things to do
wundergriund connected status: ok
Wunderground complete
Finished e mail agenda
Finished e mail agenda, no ftp items to do…
Doing abort procedure/program close
will disconnect regardless flag is set…

That is all there is in the program, though as I said data still seems to be getting through.

Hope you can help.
Alan

oops
actualy you will need to check the wundeground data string in the wdisplay.ini file
(which is in c:\winnt or c:\windows)

Brian, thanks for your response. I have not been able to check until today sice we have had no rain. I have checked the wdisplay.ini file, I assume it is the bit at the end where the Wunderground date seems to be. It seems each upload at 3 hourly intervals shows the rainfall data so far today. so 11.59 am showed 1mm 1459 showed 1 mm and 17.59 showed 1 mm. Though the Station shows 1mm today so far. Wunderground seems to take each upload total and adds it to the total for the day, so the site shows 3mm for today so far even though only 1mm fell.
Hope you can help.
Alan

ah…
i have told them i am now using the daily rain amount, and they said they would use that,.,…
so the ball is in their court…

Just another Wunderground question while on the subject… :slight_smile:

Does anyone know how they pick the stations to list on an area report?
I’ve been contributing data for aages but never got on the main Auckland listing… :frowning: not that it’s too important i guess LOL

i have a feeling that they dont update that very well for international …

[email protected]

is the contact at WU
(Alan Steremberg )

http://www.weather-display.com/windy/otherdat.htm
ricky, that is now my new weather page now…
i am trying to reduce some costs, and dumping my ps.gen.nz server

I have e mailed John Celenza ([email protected]) who has at last admitted there is a problem, meanwhile the rainfall figures continue to be added each 3 hourly upload. Strangely their daily rainfall graph seems to provide the right figure! The reply from John C, just received says it it a problem with them and WD!
Alan

i had been in contact with john, and we agreed that using the daily rain total will be the best option, and he said he would use it, and tell all other software
so i added that method to WD

I hope he is able to sort this out soon. AS another example the actual rainfall so far today is 12mm the Wunderground site is showing 42mm for today! It is strange that their rainfall graph is correct!
Alan

they maybe waiting on other software to change to the new system…although they told me they would auto detect it somehow…but its strange the graph is OK,…sounds like they are half way there…and strange they say the probelm also is with WD…I dont think so (sometimes things are my fault, but not all the time surely!

So it is you who caused this solar flare … LOL