Solar gone bizare out of the blue

I havn’t changed changed any settings according to the solar settings at all however now I am getting some bizare results. I submidited it as a bug however Brian thought it was alright and told me to put it into here (a while ago) to see if anyone else could see where i’ve gone wrong.

This is the result I see in the graphs… note its saying its sunny early in the morning (when i look out its dark… yes I’m up)

as far as I can tell… my settings haven’t changed.

set the labjack sensor to 0
as you do not have a labjack sensor in use, that should be set at default (0)
then restart WD

the problem will be a settings problem

okay… i’ve changed the labjack sensor… so far no difference… but I guess its kinda hard to tell atm… not totally sure how long im gong to have to wait to see if its affected anything. its still sitting on 100%.

whats getting me majorly purplexed is the fact for weeks it just didn’t say anything… and NOw is starting to have readings again.

if its not that setting then it might be something else
best thing is to .zip and email me your settings files
and I will test with your settings here with my 1 wire solar sensor
tomorrow
(because with the correct settings it does work OK)

can you please remind me how to do this and which files you wil need?

There’s a FAQ with that info in it.

• Jim

click on action, back up registry entry now
and then .zip and email me the updated wdisplayftp.reg file ,from the databackup folder, and the wdisplay.ini file, from where WD is installed

okay i have sent the files to you to havea look at.

MIne started doing the same thing a few months ago. I suspect a detector problem, but I haven’t had time to pursue it.

Ed

have not found some spare time to look into this yet
but one thing, make sure you are using some sort of defuser over the sensor (e.g white plastic bottle)
so that the sensor does not over read)
Edhall, did it start doing that with a update to wd, or?

thats ok Brian

It happened a while ago with an update for me… I have Masking tape over the sensor… otherwise it gets over exposed and dosent read at all.

I am even getting readings at night too which is a bit bizare they are only low though… around 20mv as opposed to readings jumping around 140-165mv during the day.

if you are actualy getting mv readings at night, then that is not software thing or a change in version thing
that will be a hardware thing

re the change in version that caused it
which version?
if you go back to the version before, is it OK?
the more info you can provide the easier it will be for me to track down the problem

I should get some time tomorrow to try and test a run here with my solar sensor

I finally have a bit of time to check your settings, with my 1 wire station and 1 wire solar sensor plugged in

you need to tick
calculate raw from max
in the control panel, solar setup, 1 wire solar setup
and you also need to set the 200 default value to a value that is what the
voltage you get during bright sunlight

also, i see in the misc setings in the 1 wire setup you have the temperature read delay set at 800, in stead of 1000
try increasing that to 1000 (default), in case that is causing problems

also i see you are using a hub…

Gidday Guys,

I just upgraded to the latest version of WD and am experiencing the same issue as detailed above. My settings look identical to Tucker Adelaide’s 1-wire solar settings. My solar sensor reads a max mV of approximately 190mV in full sun on a clear day at 1pm. At the moment, I am reading 145mV as it is 730 in the evening, but my solar display on the main screen still reads 100% and the solar graph has flatlined at 100% all day… #-o The sensor position has not changed, and is covered with an opaque diffuser.

I know its not a problem with the 1-wire network, as all reads OK in the 1-wire Viewer.

If I can provide further info, please let me know. :wink:

yay… looks like its just not me having the problem — ---- does a funny looking dance

Your not alone mate, have a look at my site and you’ll see I am still reading 100%!!! Its gloomy and overcast here at present. I have tried resetting the % thresholds in the solar setup, but thats had no effect either… hopefully Brian can have a look when he’s got a few minutes!

At the moment… I am having the problem of the sensor now not reading at all… its not displaying any readings at all… there is no mV readings… so atm… I’m not too sure if this is a hardware issue or not… but it still dosn’t count out that there is a problem still with WD not reading it properly. you can check my site page at http://weather.bakershome.com to see what I mean have a look at the month and weekly graphs by using the zoom in and out buttons.

Here’s a summary of possible faults I am experiencing:

1. On the main screen - WD Reports 100% Solar even though the sensor is recording a mV well below the max mV set in the Solar Setup (in my case 190mV) Solar setup screen shows correct mV being recorded.
  2. On the main screen - when I tick plot solar in the graph setup, WD plots a correct looking solar graph! However, instead of plotting solar % correctly, it plots wm/2 in a curve that looks accurate. If I tick plot solar % the graph goes off the scale.
  3. In the realtime solar graph, wm/2 looks like it is plotting the sensor voltage, where the solar % is a flatline at the top of the screen.
  4. I can’t see where I have ticked for WD to plot wm/2… but it looks to be plotting a reasonably accurate solar curve…

Hope this is of some help! lol :slight_smile: strange fault this one!

using tucker_adelaide settings, all I had to do was tick, calculate raw from max
and the solar % was calculated OK
i.e tick that setting tucker_adelaide
(as long as you have the max solar set correctly)
since tucker_adelaide is having hardware problems with his solar sensor, I can instead work with your settings Macca, and my 1 wire solar sensor
i.e .zip and email me your settings, and I will test here tomorrow (with daylight)