%maxhourrn%

Brian, would it be possible to add the tag %maxhourrn%, let’s say, representing the maximum %hourrn% for that day?
Thanks.

Merry Christmas!
Helder

I would appreciate also a %maxhourrnt% tag, please…

Happy New Year!
Helder

Hi
I am not sure which tag/parameter you are meaning exactly?

Hi Brian

%maxhourrnt% should be the time when %maxhourrn% occurred. By %maxhourrn%, I mean the moment in that day when the maximum %hourrn% occurred.

Cheers
Helder

To Brian:

In the brief while I’ve been reading this forum I keep seeing requests for extra tags, often variations on ones that already exist, and often data that exists in WDISPLAY.INI in some form or other.

To provide for this sort of thing have you ever considered a ‘generic’ tag that people could use to pull arbitrary values out of WDISPLAY.INI, e.g. %[Section Name]keyname%

A simple example might be: %[Record high average]direction%

If I’ve understood correctly, Helder wants to get a time from:

[Record rain last hour]
values=53 7 10 10 31 12 2007

All the ‘record’ style ‘values’ INI lines have the same format, i.e. a value then a time and a date, so ‘record’ style INI entries could potentially allow for an extended syntax that would meet this requirement, e.g.

%[Record rain last hour]values% => 53 7 10 10 31 12 2007
%[Record rain last hour]values(value)% => 53
%[Record rain last hour]values(date)% => Date in default format
%[Record rain last hour]values(time)% => Time in default format

or by combining this with something I have mentioned elsewhere, maybe even:

%[Record rain last hour]values(date|yyyy-MM-dd)% => 2007-12-31

N.B. I’m not suggesting a radical overhaul of existing tags, rather a flexible alternative.

Just an idea. I’m sure you have lots of things to do already… :slight_smile:

David

I liked a lot the idea, David, and I think Brian’s time for other things would increase a lot. I tried to show mysql data in a brand new page (like the tags I asked for), but it becomes very, very slow…

Thanks for your interest.

Helder

i can add the time of the max rain for the hour for the day as a custom tag easy enough

your other request is for the all time record max hour rain?

No, Brian, it is the max hour rain for that day.

Thanks
Helder

OK, I haved now added
%maxhourrn%…Max rain last hour for the day
%maxhourrnt%…Max rain last hour for the day, time that occured

to the latest .zip update, ready now
(its not retrospective, that value)

You mean it only returns the value for the last hour, not since 0:00 hours?

no, i dont mean that

i mean with that new verison, it will only be the max from when you first run WD, and not since midnight of that day…just for the first time you run WD
then its reset each day after that

Thanks! :smiley: Just what I needed! By the way, Brian, when possible, if possible, the other two items would be very welcome: %maxtrend% and %maxtrendt%, in the same way.

Cheers
Helder

Hi Brian

Sorry, but after 1.2mm of rain the tag is working exactly like %hourrn%… while it rains, it returns a value, when rain stops it returns to 0.0mm and %maxhourrnt% doesn’t show the time anymore.

Cheers
Helder

i am very surprised that its working like that

Yes, it follows exactly the same pattern as %hourrn% does, decreasing the value as time goes by and returning to 0.0 whenever there was no rain in the last hour… And when it reaches 0.0, the %maxhourrnt% value simply disappears… #-o

not sure why that is happening
but try a new .zip download, ready now

Already testing, let’s see what happens, as rain is coming in a few hours…

It seems to be working, Brian :smiley: I’ll wait some more hours and will tell you about it.

Thanks!
Helder

Not yet, Brian, it returned to zero one hour after the rain stopped.

I must correct my last posts… it returns to 0.0 a few hours after the rain stops. 3 hours after the last rain, it was still active, but now, some 8 hours after, I looked again and it turned to 0.0.