Winter Storm for Wisconsin

Looks like there will be more snow for Christmas for the Wisconsin Area.
I think I am going to call in sick to work tonight.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

NWS Of La Crosse Wisconsin

The majority of the snow is expected to just pass to our west. :frowning: Was hoping for snow as we’ve lost all our snowcover and now it’s in the mid 40’s. A muddy mess! Rain and even an isolated thunderstorm possible tonight before it switches briefly over to snow.

As of right now we have also lost a lot of snow. But there is still a cover of snow everywere the temp is about 36F right now so if it would stay this way we also would loose all the snow. But they are trying to tell us that the temp will start falling soon.

Yep, looking upstream from you tells the story! :wink:

#-o it just started snowing here. depends on whose model you chose to look at , some say 2-3, others 1-3, and still others 4-6, 4-8… but…

The winds have picked up. the THSW is 15 right now with 23.5 for the temperature. Too bad that isn’t Celsius.

I think what the pain is going to be is the blowing and drifting with this. Normally I would be out with the snow blower and done with it after wards, but the wind is the other factor and Ihate it when it shifts bringing it back to me.

We did get rid of some of the ice, but many of the streets still have ice that the city didn’t treat or blade off so it will be fun driving. Ihave a lot of morning errands Monday. Santa Aardvark :santa:

The fog here is now just starting to lift. but the temp is still around 36F but it looks like it is trying to fall now.
Takecare driveing aardvark

started to really get interesting. with the wind blowing the new stuff off the roof. Have to go out side and plug in the engine heaters. For some reason we don’t have a garage, although we do have the room for one. Oh rats…

anyway, here is a picture of the screen graph of this thing starting…

Copy of weather Analysis.jpg

That brings back memories of when I worked in South Dakota. Couldn’t figure out why the parking spaces at my apartment had all those outlets in front of each space. That winter I discovered why! 8O I bought a car when I was out there and a block heater was standard equipment. :slight_smile:

Stay warm.

Wow your temp sure fell fast. Mine is just starting to fall now. The fog is gone and it is starting to cool a little.
As for a garage we do have one but it is not heated so the car can still get cold but there is no snow on it.

Take care Aardvark - those roads look treacherous on the Downtown towercam, and visibility is poor too like about 0.5ml at best… worse when snowing obviously, very dark at 3:15 yr time…
http://www.kcci.com/wxcam/555369/detail.html

Best wishes…

Graeme
New Zealand

the trick is not to drive fast, slow down to granny speed… use the 4 wheel drive and to stay off the highways… and a lot of common sense, however… listening to the police scanner, truckers and cars on the highways need to pull off and try it after the snow stops, visiblilty clears.

Yet… I can drive around town with little headache, avoid the hills, stay off the freeway

Well I just got back home and it just now started to snow here. I have got all the snow off the roof and had pushed back the snow around the driveway so I am ready.

supposed to blow tomorrow, so I probably will go out and move the snow after lunch

Well as forecast, only a trace of snow here. Winds gusting 40mph, temp 17

Well it looks like I am going to be spending all day with a shovel. I make a path and the wind takes it away. All well.

I am heading that way too. I think I need a break from the company of the wife. being with the snow elves might make me appreciate her more

Whats a Snow Shovel No Snow here sunny and Comfortable :lol: :lol:
Coyote 8)

That surface low tracked right over my head and kept us in the warm sector all day. It was pretty wild though. Not too often in the end of December do we have 3/4" of liquid precip in the U.P. of Michigan. Had about a foot of snow on the ground and were down to about 5" now. Was shaping up to be a pretty nasty storm but at least for me everything worked out great. Little lake effect snow the next few days but that’s it. A few years ago up here we had 320" of snow for the season at the airport. Don’t want to see that repeat any time soon!! :lol:

Most of it is done here now. But there is still a lot of wind so a lot of drifting going on. Lot of roads are not so good tonight.

Interesting baro trace plot from my site as that low passed near (courtesy www.findu.com).

barotrace.png