How to setp 1-wir in WD

I have today WS3600 station working on serial com port 1
now i have get some 1-wire sensor’s

I have ds9097E sitting on COM3 (driver’s installed)
to that I have connected
1- Temp type DS18S20
1- temp and solar (DS18S20 and DS2438)
1- Lightning (will not be use before summer)

they are working with LogTemp (LogTemp)

but how to I setup WD to work with them?

WD version 1037h

Sven

Sven,

I can’t help with the Temp and Temp/Solar but I wrote a FAQ for the Lightning Detector some time ago…
http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/46365

-Bob

I have looked at this but it’s some difference in WD interface
but I can see 1 thing on " Dallas 1-wire setup page" “main/save setup”
in diagnose window I get this info

Searching for Weather station sensors
Re-searching for i-buttons…
Searching for Weather station sensors
Re-searching for i-buttons…

**Searching for Weather station sensors

So looks like it not found my hardware or do I missunderstand this info?

I tested OneWireViewer from Maxim this program also find all my device
Sven

You might have to shut down Exit-Save WD and restart for it to see the new components as I think he said in that FAQ helpfile.

TokKiwi

If the restart does not find them then check that the Com Port is set correctly.

Have setup “controll panel” Dallas 1 wire/with stations setting"
and on
“Dallas 1 wire setup page” and Main/save setup" used
“save/reset” close and after that exit and save a number of times
But still no difference
should I put in room id’s before or should W"D find them?

Sven

What do you have for Control Panel - Com port - Dallas 1-wire / with stn settings…?

Hi Sven,

Can you post a screen shot of your settings in Control Panel > Com port > Dallas 1 wire. If you’re not seeing the rom ids in control panel > Dallas 1 wire > Main (on the right side) then I would guess something is incorrect in Com port > Dallas 1 wire.

Bill

[quote author=zacken542 link=topic=28537.msg227081#msg227081 date=1198356673]
Have setup “controll panel” Dallas 1 wire/with stations setting"
and on
“Dallas 1 wire setup page” and Main/save setup" used
“save/reset” close and after that exit and save a number of times
But still no difference
should I put in room id’s before or should W"D find them?

Sven

sorry but I don’t know how to put picture here so you will find them here

This show control panel ,com port setup
http://www.shell.linux.se/carlsson/WD/dalla1-wire.png
this shows Dallas 1 wire setup and main/save setup
http://www.shell.linux.se/carlsson/WD/dallas%20setup.png

Did you press Save / Reset on the Dallas Setup page, then Exit - Save out of WD and restart WD?

To add a photo or image, use the Additional Options under the edit screen and then choose Browse, you can add 3 or 4, but max post sizes are limiting - 140kB for one and 280kB for 2 or more I think.

Sven, try checking “My normal weather station has a humidity sensor” and “My normal station has indoor humidity/temperature” in control panel > com port > dallas 1 wire.

Then go to control panel > dallas 1 wire > main and click Save/Reset. Click Save/Reset again if the sensors don’t show up on the right side.

Bill

Sven,

Most likely you already are aware of this and it isn’t a problem but in an attempt to leave no stone unturned here :wink:

You did ensure that anything else you have installed that can access your 1-wire sensors was completely shut down before attempting to access with WD?

-Bob

Thanks for all answers
I have done this
Save / Reset on the Dallas Setup page, then Exit - Save out of WD and restart WD
checking “My normal weather station has a humidity sensor” and “My normal station has indoor humidity/temperature”
I have controlled that no other software was using com port 3
I also connect to an other port (com 4) without starting any other program
only saved and restarted WD(as suggest above)
But still no connection

But Logtemp start to work the I change to com 4(only as controll )

I will try to
reinstall XP pro sp2
1-wire drivers http://www.maxim-ic.com/products/ibutton/software/tmex/index.cfm drivers
WD 10.37h
and retry to see if it start to work
I will came back later then I know more

There is a large pdf help file there on the Maxim site somewhere - it still got me confused… #-o and we are the x486 type user I believe… its all a bit hard to follow as amateur weather folk that are very amateur computer folk… :oops:

Have you installed the 1-wire Viewer “OneWireViewer.jnlp” and the java requirements? That worked forme and told me the ID number of the components I used. Its still in abeyance since iwent through a complete PC rebuild and haven’t got the solar sensor working again yet - actually I never did but i got WD to recognise it…

Cheers and Merry Christmas -away on a journey shortly! :wink:

TokKiwi

then installing this drivers ( http://www.maxim-ic.com/products/ibutton/software/tmex/index.cfm )
I also get this “C:\Program Files\Maxim Integrated Products\1-Wire Drivers x86\OneWireViewer.exe”
it’s find all my device with “rom id”

Merry Christmas to all of you

Sven

Which of the drivers did you install, the 32-bit or 64-bit version, and is that compatable with your operating system?

Also, I know you’ve got WD 10.37h but which build version do you have? If you’re not sure, go to the main WD window and click ‘Help’ > ‘About Weather Display’ and the window that pops up will have a build number on it. :wink:

One other thing to confirm, you are using a Serial adaptor to connect your 1-Wire system to your PC and not a USB adaptor?

You have a great Christmas too and we’ll get this sorted at some point.
Brain (Windy) who wrote the WD program will be back from holiday soon and maybe able to give a better idea of why it’s not finding the sensors. :wink:

WD ver 10.37h build 03
I have used install_1_wire_drivers_x86_v401 (32bit)
Yes I have serial config
I will try to attach a file from OneWireViewer showing com port /device rom ID

ds1920 Alternate Names: DS18S20

onewireViewer.jpg

In control panel > Station Type & Settings, you should be setup for your La Crosse 3600. You should not have anything set under the Dallas/AAG 1 wire tab.

Another thought, in the FAQs there are instructions for setting up a 2nd copy of WD on your computer. You might try that just to see if they work. In that case, just setup the 1 Wire under control panel > Station Type & Settings. Do not setup the 3600. Then see if the sensors are detected in Control Panel > Dallas 1 wire.

I would suggest not having your original install of WD running when you test with the second copy. hope this helps.

Bill

Good point about the station type & settings Bill.

Also, does anything happen if you copy & paste the ROM ID’s into WD & click the Save/Reset button? Just in case WD will pickup the sensors once it has the ROM IDs.