file convert from oww to somthing wd can read

Hi,

To get oww working in the new wd, I was thinking of the following solution.
A saw that a few of the allready working weatherstations using some kind of file to read weather info.
If the layout is known, I think I can easy make a convertion tool to get the oww file transformed to the other format.
This tool can run via crond, and ready you are.
Even you can in oww-server recognise the format of the file so it’s can be used to read by (like)an other weatherstation.
I like to use the new wd version (its a lot quicker)
Regards

Hans

let me see if I can get the oww functions working in the new linux version today
I just need to fire up my old linux box

also, what is the setting you set up to use the oww data in the old linux version?
ah, i think its the oww custom file in the stationless type setup in the weather station type setup
OK, i have the code from the old linux version, added this station type now to the new linux version…

latest .zip update of the new compiler version now works with the oww custom file
(set and then select the file to use in the weather station type setup, stationless type setup)

Hi Brian, at the moment the new version of wd is running, and the weatherdata is popping up on the dials. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: I’m happy now.! This is realey quicker than I thougt.
Nice job !! Now you have an other Linux version where you can run wd on.
It’s debian etch… :slight_smile:
Is there a way to import the settings from the old linux version, or even the windows version, like records and history?

yes
you can use the windows version wdisplay.ini file
(name as WDISPLAY.INI on your linux system)

(and then reset/reselect that OWW custom file)
:wink:

Thanks Brian

So your old Linux machine fired up and we are ready to go with the OWW txt file as before ?.

I will try this tonight when I get home and run it on the new server so will be able to run old WD and new WD side by side.

EDIT: Up and running so now no more excuses to build some new web pages. :smiley:

Steve

Sorry I know this is an old topic, but I am currently writing my own code in python to read 1-wire sensors via owfs and output to a text file. I wanted to know what format Weather Display is expecting the file to be in, comma delimited i guess and column headers?

Many thanks

its not all the clear
do you mean you want to use the OWW format for WD to read in, or?

As I read it he would like to have WD read a text file produced by his python program. Could maybe use the same format as the Whimick thread?

Hi Niko - you are correct :slight_smile: I have written some python code to read the one-wire sensor values and output them to a text file so WD can read it

I will review that thread you have pointed me too and let you know!

Thanks

the detail in the thread is kind of on the lines of what i am trying to achieve, but I am directly feeding the output from the python script to WD

If I post the format of the .csv output I am producing from reading the 1-wire sensors - it would probably help?!

What parameters do you have?

This is the format of the file produced by the python script :

:~/owweather$ more owwout.csv
Date,Time,Temp1,Humidity,Solar,Barometer
04/03/17 22:51:39,10.3,

Brian is very willing to support users, but since you have 100% control of the file format IMHO it would be better to use one of the existing file formats that are already coded in WD than have him re-invent yet another wheel. For a simple dataset like that there is the “universal” file functionality. The format is in the universal.txt file in the Windows version, I’m not sure if it exists in linux (yet) but it is long established in Windows.

Description of the universal file input weather station type

Create a file with the following format, called datain38.ini   (just 1 line of current data)

6.02 8.77 16.1 38 1010.2 0.0 215 15.8 21.5 58 200

i.e

6.02  Gust (current) speed (kts)
8.77  wind speed (kts)
16.1  Temperature (oC)
38    Humidity
1010.2 Barometer (hPa)
0.0    Daily rain
215    Wind direction
15.8   Soil temperature
21.5   indoor temperature (oC)
58     Indoor humidity
200    solar (WM/2)

Anyway, I’ll butt out now and let Brian take this :slight_smile:

many thanks Niko. I am using the Linux version, so would be good to know if the universal.txt file is supported there or not?

I have also written code to read the Vortex Anemometer and E-Vane, so will feeding the outputs of those into Weather Display too :slight_smile:

Are you using a Pi? If so I think it should be Station Type 34.

I do use Raspberry Pi for developemt work but the scripts are currently running on a Ubuntu machine

Just as a follow up on this one, is that same univesal.txt feature supported in the Linux GUI version?

Would still like to feed the 1-wire weather data into WD

Format of data collected from 1-wire sensors :

Date, Time, Temp, In-Temp, Humidity, Barometer, Dewpoint, Rain, Wind, Dir
13/03/18 14:00:23,11.2,

yes, i.e the file, datain38.ini

thanks Brian.

I see there is also a 64bit version of the Linux version now? Might give that a go soon too :slight_smile: