AAG station problem

I seem to be having a problem with my AAG V3 weather station. Weather Display can “find” the temperature and wind speed components, but can only briefly find the directional indicator. I was getting very erroneous data from all of my 1 wire devices, so I removed the AAG station from the line, along with another sensor connected in and things have improved and am running “stationless”.

Question…is this a likely cause of my data problem? and what’s the fix?

Note, that I am using my new ILINK adapter which seems to working nicely without the AAG system installed. I have removed the diode and resistor that I had tried with my DS9097U.

Any ideas?

Have you tried just the WS only using the link ( set WD for Version 3 -type of 1-wire station ) .
You may have a bad connection on your mircolan somewhere .
Are you using CAT5 cable ?

I ran out of test time. My system is 100 miles away, so I am trying to figure out my approach for this weekend.

I am virtually all CAT5.

I had a run where I connected the station with another device and then closer to the ILink it connects with another device and then closer again, it connects with 3 more devices. I eliminated the station since it was the signal I was having problems with.

I haven’t tried reattaching it only. It takes a bit of work since I soldered all my connections. That’s why I posted my message…if the scenario I am outlining hasn’t been seen before (losing the directional device only) then I’ll start to work on some trouble-shooting this weekend.

Do you know whether the Ilink is more tolerant of a “Star” network? This would be an easier setup for me since then I could use the push-down connectors indoors rather than outdoor connections.

Jeff are you using the “phone type” connector? If so make sure it hasn’t corroded. I had a serious corrosion problem and finally soldered a 3 foot section of cat5 to the weather station board and this solved my problem. Also are you using the in-line 100 ohm resistors in the data line?

I guess I’ll go up the pole and pull the station down. I am using the RJ11/12 connector on the AAG. I guess it could have corroded although it’s only been up there 8 months or so - it’s a good idea though!

I don’t think there’s any reason why I wouldn’t permanently attach CAT5 though.

I have switched the the Ilink adapter. I read in another thread that it doesn’t like the resistors. I have a bunch of them though - I tried it with the DS9097U (and didn’t find that it helped). I’ll verify the Ilink aspect and then try the station connector and then the resistor if appropriate.

Tx…Jeff

Don’t worry Jeff . We all been through this ourselves .
Last time my 1 wire network was down ( the battery in the Dallas rain gauge had gone flat and completely taken out the mircolan )
I’ve also had corrosion problems in RJ11 sockets in the WS .
No matter how well you think your’ve seal the unit ( rust never sleeps )

I’ve suck with the RJ11 connectors ( easy to separate and isolate your network ) .

ps. don’t put vaseline on the Weather station board ( it eventually eats through the board ~ like I found out ) :

I know how you feel when the weather station’s down ( like loosing your right arm ) :

I think it’s a love/hate relationship! I love working on it - but hate it when I lose stability.

I have to do some troubleshooting to figure this one out.

You’re not alone. There is no such thing as “plug-n-play” with the Dallas 1-wire microlan and weather instruments… except on the bench. The minute you intend to put them up a tower or remotely, they seem to know it and conspire to generate glitches. :smiley:

I’ve now been running without problems for about a month and here’s what I have done:

-CAT5E cabling
-soldered data and ground wire directly to instrument circuit boards
-used Scotchlok UR Connectors (gel-filled) to connect instruments to CAT5E
-use an iLINK adapter