Newbie with a WS-2315 and some questions (pic)

Glenn:

Good morning. I’ve read the entire thread and must say that LaCrosse is generally a very good system…are there occasional issues??..sure…kind of like yours…it works, then it doesn’t work…glad to hear they got yours turned around so fast!

Quick background…I’ve operated my LaCrosse system (2317-el) since Father’s Day of 2006. I’ve used the WUHU software since July 2006 without any issues (the occasional uploading issue)…but it runs great. Also, never have changed the batteries out of my system since Father’s Day 2006…I do use the Duracell brand, too. Here in the higher elevations of Middle TN, we have quite an assortment of weather. Since I’ve had my system, the temperatures have ranged from 102.7

why are you promoting someone to use the WUHU software on the weather display software support forum?
not the place to be doing that I would have thought CookevilleWeatherGuy

My apologies…I was just giving him some options…didn’t know there was a policy against talking about other software here…thought this weather forum was more of a ‘weather’ forum than a specific software site…if I’ve erred, then I apologize…

This is a/the support forum for Weather-Display and the other software you can find on the home page. Talking about other software is not forbidden. We just usually don’t promote or recommend other weather software.

I’d encourage you to try Weather Display. :slight_smile:

–Dave

Thanks for the clarification Dave…I certainly won’t ‘promote or recommend’ other software…WD is excellent and I have looked at it along with others…

with WD you can do so much more with your data that you can with WHUHU software
(e.g climate reports, custom tags, the list is endless)

Brian:

Help me out with the term ‘custom tags’…what does that mean?

Thanks everyone…it’s great to have it back.

CookevilleWeatherGuy,
It’s solid system and I’m happy with it so far. Their customer service has been great! I’m glad to hear yours has been chugging along steadily for some time now. That’s good to know.

I don’t mind the software recommendations, I’m new at that too! I’ll have a lot of research to do when it comes time to look into that!

I’m impressed that you have it back so soon Glenn :slight_smile: :)…no more hiccups with mine either :)…Now you just must have a go with WeatherDisplay etc etc…you’ll enjoy using it… :slight_smile:

Custom tags can be inserted into forms, banners and your webpages to display specific data taken from within Weather Display. The banner at the bottom of this post is created using custom tags. :wink:

There is a list of all custom tags in the tagslist.txt file in the WD main directory. :wink:

–Dave

Cautiously optimistic!

It was COLD last night/this morning. The temps last night were in the teens/double digits, 4.6F at 5:45AM. But the station worked fine! No problems when it dipped under 25F. I’m going to keep an eye on it and keep you posted. But for now, so far, so good. (fingers crossed) I’m guessing the orginal outdoor thermo/hygo I had was bad.

That’s a good response from them and a good report for the first (cold) night… ! :wink:

7.8F. Looks like we’re holding steady and the system is good to go! :smiley:

Does this mean that you are about to use WeatherDisplay??? :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

LOL! I’ll be looking into software very soon. 8)

Another thought to add to the battery issue -
I’ve also just set up a LaCrosse 2350 (UK version maybe?)
I was reading the manual to find the address to report the wind unit as malfunctioning, because the delay was about 30 minutes.
RTFM said that the ‘----’ wind problem was because there is a ‘delay’ when your PC talks to the base unit.
My view this is significant! Subsequently the same thing has happened every time I connect the computer - regardless of wireless sight lines, distance etc. It seems to be built in.
By the way, have the lithium batteries helped?

I’m running regular ol’ Durcells right now. They’re been fine down to single digits. I was surprised to hear LaCrosse recomends regular alkalines over lithuims.

Just to bump this one again…

My 2350, bought just under 2 months ago, has just started to play up with similar symptoms. Until now its worked fine.

Yesterday I happened to glance at the display and noticed the “—” windspeed, looked in WD and found Temp, Hum and Wind had flatlined for the last hour or so. I changed the 2 month old Lacrosse batteries for some new Duracels and held the “+” button down and that re-synced everthing.
The temps hadn’t dipped below freezing for a few days, so the low temperature theory is out.

Checked the display this evening and the sensor had stopped again. Checking WD for today it looks like it stopped for a couple of hours during the morning, then transmitted for an short while, then stopped again.

I tried holding the “+” button a few times… eventually the Temp and Hum came back, but not the Wind.
I’ve just been out (in the wind and rain!!), took the batteries out for a few seconds, replaced them again, then held the “+” button and everything came back.

There may be some foliage between the sensor and the base unit, I’ll try cutting that back, but if that doesn’t work I’ll resort to running it by cable… if I can get it to work over the 25+meters between the house and the sensor.

Don’t you love technology… when it works…!!

Hi Daryll

I have been using a WS2300 for the last three months and had similar problems during the first few weeks but after hard wiring the kit has been running perfectly :smiley:

I would recommend hardwire as its far more reliable and also as a very big PLUS you’ll will get 8 second updates instead of 2 minutes (or whatever the lacrosse wireless update cycle is)

Regards
Nikki