poor swf quality

Hi peeps

I have just had a quick go with the swf creation, it looks like its being created
from the .gif files hence giving a poor quality .swf file, although i could be wrong.

Either way, How can improve on the quality of the .swf to match that of the .wma please?

What are you creating the SWF with?

Hi Lulu, I am using the option within WD’s webcamcapture program

I see…just curious.

it uses the jpg time stamped file, which you should have wd having create
it does not use the gif images
minie is OK for quality:
http://www.weather-display.com/windy/gb/tensecondvideo.htm

Mine is creating jpgs no probs for the wmv and avi’s
The quality for the avi’s and the wmv’s is brilliant, bu the quality of the swf
aint too much to be desired :frowning: please see the last hour that i renamed to show
you here

You can also see my webcam page here with good quality wmv’s

use html code to show the the movie to a certain size and quality

see my site I posted, and view the source code, to see the html code to use as an examle
once you do that it will look much better

Hi Brian

I have used your code exactly apart from the .swf and the quality is still the same
just smaller, have added it to the bottom of the webcam page

Bashy perhaps if you could post an example of one or two of the Jpegs it uses here we could see the original Jpeg quality.

Stuart

here ya go, its the same jpg that the wmv uses

080330jpgwebcam.jpg

The video does seem quite blocky, I wonder if there is some re-sizing or bit depth re-work going on during the creation. Dont know anything about swf creation but I must admit that the video does seem surprisingly blocky considering the jpeg quality.

Stuart

Just what i thought, thats why i thought it might have been using the .gif’s

My swf movie is of similar quality…not that good. That’s why I don’t include it on my webpage. I just assumed that was normal. I’m happy with the wmv videos.

maybe Julian knows more about .swf images, i.e maybe they are only 256 colours

Hopefully Julian will see this thread, yours is a very good image as is a few others that i have seen on the forum, so there must be something amiss somewhere

I am just trying to open up some more options so visitors can have a choice of viewing.

Not only that, i am still very tempted to go back to Vista and i would most certainly need to have
the .swf work as the .wmv does not in Vista at present, unless youve fixed it, but i aint seen any
posts with regards to it…