What cable to use?

What cable do you use to connect to the Weather Station - I have a ( pin Male to 9Pin Female Modem Cable, but cannot connect to the station from the PC…?

If you have only USB ports on your computer, (most likely a Laptop) you probably will need a USB to Serial Adapter from your local store. I am using a Keystone Adapter, but there are many others out there!

Ed

If you have serial portd on our computer, you require a standard serial cable, not a modem cable that has the Tx data and the Rx data crossed.

Bob

just a serial mouse extension cable will do the trick, unless its the phone type plug on the station end

Clam - what station do you use and have you noticed any problems using the USB-Serial converter?

(I want to move my station off a W2K Adv Server as it is the only program running on it (what a waste really…) but the machine I want it to run on has no free serial ports - its the wifes sewing/embroidery machine and she has a tablet, card writer, dongle etc for all her hardware…)

Racetime,
I don’t know what you mean by “station”, but if you have a USB2.0 you shouldn’t have any problems with a serial cable and a USB/Serial Adapter! I had my original (Same one) at first hooked to an older (Slower) USB and it caused some problems on restarting, but when hooked to the faster USB. it worked great! I bought a tower the first of the month extra cheap and it has a serial port available, but as soon as I go back to the Laptop I’ll hook up the adapter for sure!

Ed

Clam Bagger

Clem
Station → weather station

Racetime!
Ah-Ha! I have a Davis Vantage Pro (Wireless) Its on the beach that is seen in the little picture! Love it!

Ed