Midnight Crash is Baaack

It’s the end of the month and the logfiles are large again and the program has crashed as it did last month around the same time. I am running version 9.92a and at 12:03 EDST it crashed. I am deleteing some of the entries in the logfile 92003ws2000log.txt to see if that stops the crash Saturday.

Hello,

Exactly the same problem… here it is 8 in the morning, and it is the second time that WD crash at 00:00.
I’m running v9.92a.

Have a nice day…

Same here again. Midnight crash again. Version 9.92a. Win2kSP4. Dedicated machine.

Hello.

Here in >Geneva it is 00:05 on the sunday morning… and with the very last version of WD, My Pc was crashing 2 minutes ago… Third time now… Sorry but I need help…

ok, so , so you guys all have the same weather station type?
(i.e a ws2010)??

you will need to reduce some lines of data from the log file
and or try:
action, import log files, convert wd logfiles to graphs, but tick convert graphs files to log files, and select month92003lg.inf

and then try action, update averages/extreme, to see if it survives

oh and if someone could zip and email me there 92003lg.txt log file, so i can have a look at , before they do the convert graph to log files

dang, its a real shame this bug is still affecting some people!

oh and if someone could zip and email me there 92003lg.txt log file, so i can have a look at , before they do the convert graph to log files

dang, its a real shame this bug is still affecting some people!

Ok I just made it

have a nice day…

ok, so , so you guys all have the same weather station type? (i.e a ws2010)??

I have the ws2210 The Computemp 5 and Computemp Probes

2210…yeah, its the same as the 2010…
:slight_smile:
now, i have your log file beru, but its looks like my method of missing 1 line of data every and on the half hour has back fired with the ws2000/ws2010/wmr908/ws7000/ws2015 (they are all the same) type stations
:oops: :cry: 8O

and in the end an extra line than before was created

using the convert graph files to log files will fix it though
try that

back to the drawing board, and we will do a follow up to make sure its doing what i intended!

ok, so , so you guys all have the same weather station type? (i.e a ws2010)??

you will need to reduce some lines of data from the log file
and or try:
action, import log files, convert wd logfiles to graphs, but tick convert graphs files to log files, and select month92003lg.inf

and then try action, update averages/extreme, to see if it survives

Hello,

I’m sorry I ^think I don’t understand wHat I shall do?

Can you explain it again… Thanks.

Or more simple can I wait until you correct it in a new version???

Thanks for your help.

:wink:

try
action, import log files, convert wd logfiles to graphs, but tick convert graphs files to log files, and select month92003.inf
then click on convert

we have had some nasty spring gales, and we kept loosing the power, and our phone line (overhead cable) was blown down
only just go the internet connection back

gusts to 57 knots (110kmh), averaging 47 knots at times

sorry doubled

Ha the beast strikes again
same crash as well here Brian v9.92b

you ment wmr908 ? did you mean wmr900(h)?
thats mine ! the real beast !
tonight i’ll fix it and let you know

but think your method fixs it temp!
month92003.inf as big as month92002.inf
so it’s only that line missing ?

don’t be a :oops: ed

that .inf file is not the text based log file we are talking about…
thats the graph file, that you can use to re create the log file
yes, i meant the 900h…

that .inf file is not the text based log file we are talking about.... thats the graph file, that you can use to re create the log file yes, i meant the 900h...

To recreate this new log file is it long?? because i tried to do it twice but it seems to take “hours”!!!

no, it should only take a few seconds
exact steps:
action
import logfiles from other software (etc…)
then click on convert wd logfiles to graphs
then tick convert .inf file to log file
then select the file month92003.inf
then click on convert
then it should say finished in say 5 seconds or so

hi

try action, import log files, convert wd logfiles to graphs, but tick convert graphs files to log files, and select month92003.inf then click on convert
you will need to reduce some lines of data from the log file and or try: action, import log files, convert wd logfiles to graphs, but tick convert graphs files to log files, and select month92003lg.inf

somewere I got lost

is it one or the other

[quote=“ed heijtel”]hi

try action, import log files, convert wd logfiles to graphs, but tick convert graphs files to log files, and select month92003.inf then click on convert

Hello,

here in Geneva it is 7:00 and no crash this morning… Youpieeeeeeeee

Just done that proposal… and it works now…

good luck, and thanks to Brian…

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Brian

As a fellow ws2010 owner, I am having the same problem. I have tried your intructions 4 times now, but each time it hangs saying WD is not responding and shuts it down.

Any other suggestions?

Is this something you will be able to fix for us “beast” owners?

Keith

Damn, I’ve got it now. It happenend for the first time last night.

Just about to try the ‘fix’

Bob