Save every 15 seconds instead of 30?

Hi

My images for the lasthour and allday videos are created every 30 seconds
Is there a way to set it for every 15 seconds or less please?

I know it will use more space but bandwidth and space is not an issue :slight_smile:

Im not sure if this is possible, if it is how would i go about setting it up please?

I would just like send this further up
This video http://www.bashys-place.com/weather/videolastday.wmv is way to fast for me
I would like to slow it down at least half that if possible?

Yes, it does look a tad fast…What frame rate are you using within “Web Cam Image” setup…I use a frame rate of 12, which seems reasonable…

I think it was 14 so i put it to 30, have i made it worse?

Far worse…double speed…

:oops: i thought it would have had the opposite effect (adding more frames) #-o

Cheers m8 , i will have a look at yours and adjust mine accordingly, thanks again :slight_smile:

To get smooth video you need a reasonable high frame-rate, otherwise it becomes somewhat jerky if the frame-rate becomes too low. However, the greater the number of frames used in total will increase the size of the file produced, so it all becomes very much a compromise, as opposed to an ideal for viewing purposes.

We sort of crossed posts bashy…However, what needs to be remembered is how often you are capturing the “still” image in the first place (every 30 secs) and then using moviemaker to make the video with those fixed number of images at a set frame-rate. I hope this explains it a bit better. mind you, i could have a misunderstanding how it works anyway…maybe somebody will step in with more knowledge than I… :wink:

Hi m8

Space for me aint an issue, nor is bandwidth, so the best possible image/video is what i am after
I have set it to 10 for now just to see how that works out :slight_smile:

I’ll have a look later, after a new movie has been made to see how it runs/looks…

As you know Bashy, I use 14 frames with 1 minute images but it also seems to be effected by the speed at which the clouds are passing the camera.
Even mine looks very fast sometimes, when there’s a good wind to push the clouds along, today is a good example. :wink:

Yeah i can see what your saying, I dont think it helps with mine pointing upwards either.
I think i need to relocate it, but i have fastened all the blooming cable down now and i
aint sure if i have enough to take it up to the kids room

You can try adding: -v_framerate N to your encodenew.bat file, where N= the framrate of your .wmv movie. I have mine set at 8 so it is entered as: -v_framerate 8 You can change N to what ever number suits your needs. You’ll want to experiment using different fram rates. For a full list of Windows Media Encoder commands, see your Windows Media Encoding Script help file in your Windows Media Encoder Utilities folder. Then look for: “Using command line options” under “Advanced Encoding Techniques”. It’s usually found in your start menu under: Windows Media—>Utilities—>Windows Media Encoding Script.

Thanks a lot cirrus, appreciated, Theres a lot of commands in there.
I will experiment with it tomoz :slight_smile:

Yeah there is! :lol: One side note… you may want to set your WD movie maker frame rate to the default 13, otherwise you might lose a lot of quality. Here again, you’ll want to experiment.
Good Luck ! :slight_smile:

So is 10 too low as this is what i set it to today but haven’t been able to test it due to
faffing with the camera trying to get it set up higher and failed miserably, will try again
tomoz, everything is tomoz with me lol

Well…it’s like I said, you’ll have to experiment with different combinations. I would guess that 10 would be o.k. to start with.

Cheers for ya help and advice, I will have a look at it once the damn camera actually
wroks for more than a few hours :frowning:

Ok, i have played with it some what, but it still aint how i would like it
I would certainly prefer to have it save every 15 seconds or even 10 seconds
I an gonna write a request for it…