mcsSprinkler csv data from WD?

I have WD using data from a Davis VP2; I have just installed mcsSprinklers software to control my sprinkler system. I would like to send data from WD to mcs so that my sprinklers only operate if evapotranspiration requires it. mcs is looking for data in a csv format each day to determine this.

Does anyone have any familiarilty with mcs and what it needs from WD?

Thanks.

You need to check with mcs what they need in the CSV.

Then, you could make a custom template to simply output that data to a file you could feed to the mcs.

"%fieldneeded%","%nextfield%","%nextfield%"

I think I know what mcs needs. How do I set up a custom template? I tried to set up a custom tag file, but was unsuccessful. It doesn’t output and I can’t seem to make a special file and control when and how often it outputs data.

Thanks.

Hard to help because you don’t say what you tried, what options, what the custom tag file looks like etc…

Here is what I put into customweatherreport.txt in the custom tag setup in control panel:

temp,humidity,et daily,average wind,rain for day,uv,solar,
%temp%,%hum%,%VPet%,%avgspd%,%dayrnusa%,%VPuv%,%VPsolar%,

It created the file, but I don’t know how to get it to produce the data or set when or how often to create the data.

You mentioned setting up a template. Is that a different function than custom tag files?

Your help is appreciated.

Bob,

Alter the customtext.txt file in the webfiles subdirectory or create customtext2.txt
You can use “Custom Tag Files” editor on the “Control Panel” or MS-notepad to enter
the tags %temp%,%hum%,%VPet%,%avgspd%,%dayrnusa%,%VPuv%,%VPsolar%

THEN…
Under “Setup” on the main menu bar
Click on “Log Files”
tick “Produce a custom log file”
set the frequency
Make sure the Main Switch is “ON” then click on “OK” to exit

customtextout.txt should update in the webfiles subdirectory.

Hope this produces the file you need to control your sprinkler system.

Thanks.

FYI - I know this is an old thread but Gus

:smiley: :smiley:

I have OpenSprinkler* and they’re screwed by the WU API situation because that was their only wx source. They have quickly come up with a firmware update to use PWS Weather but based on forum comments it doesn’t seem to be working well yet :frowning:

*I don’t use the wx function.