"No rain device, will reset"

Can someone tell me what this means on my 1-wire setup? “No rain device, will reset”
Does it simply mean that when polling, WD couldn’t contact the rain gauge? And if this happens when it is raining, will WD “miss” rainfall?
This only happens alot when the barometer is plugged in.

I am running HB 1-wire setup

Comp to 6 chan hub, straight out to wind device,
Chan 1 main to Hum/temp, then to rain gauge,
and chan 2main to barometer.

Regards Tom

sounds like the barometer is taking too much parasitic power
and so a power injector would help

■■■■■■ really? it is only on a 2m cable. would the no rain will reset cause me to “miss” rain if it happened while it was raining brian?

Tom

no

Hey I shortened the cable to about 10cm and my problem has dissapeared! well almost…I have had 3 no rain device messages in about 5 days…as oppossed to over 100 a day.

Tom

thats good
you cant beat a well designed and setup 1 wire setup
also a power injector helps alot and or the ilink adaptor

Brian, I cant get my setup to work with my lightning det. Its separately plugged into my hub…wd recognises it when I do a save/reset, but then looses it…if I give it fake lightning, it will only tell me how many strikes when I do a save/reset. obviously a power injector will not work. Any ideas?

Tom

i have not tested a lightning counter via the hub…a hub slows things down alot…and lightning you want to check on every second…try by passing the hub for the lightning counter

Hi

I have a power injector for the barometer (changed from AAG to Hobby Boards barometer) it solved a multitude of errors on the 1-wire network, seems the barometer takes a lot of power from the network and the other devices then suffer from lack of juice.

Steve

Brian have now got my power injector, HB, but this has not fixeded my problem :frowning:

Went better with a short lead as I previously described.

Would I be better off putting the power injector just before my Temp/Hum and rain gauge?
My current voltage for my main temp/Hum is running at 4.920VDD to 4.930VDD…is this OK?

It all certainly doesn’t work with Lightning in the straight thru, wind in chan 1 main, temp/hum rain in chan 2 main and baro in chan 3 main. just goes bonkers, and continually searches for devices, and i get alot of no wind device…any other things I should try?

Tom

Well for those who are interested, I seem to have fixed this drama. Ended up plugging the temp/hum rain, into my baro…no more no rain device errors :smiley: