Anyone read The sun in the UK? 1987 wind and Tornado's on their way to UK

Well, if you did today, later on this week then again later on in the month, we have some very windy conditions on its way.

The article in today’s Sun, (5th Novemeber) mentions winds jsut as bad a 1987 are on their way and it doesn’t stop at that, but also tornado’s are coming!!

It mentions 2 periods, 8th November and then again around the 25th Novemeber (i think its the 25th).

Stuart

Hi

This is an image for Thursday 8th when the 1st is due, I have been following this closely due to
the other thread i started with regards to this topic…

As you can see its a little hairy (for the UK that is lol) Northants is due for gusts upto about 38mph
with an average of about 18mph and about 2mm of rain so far, this can change as you know :slight_smile:

Looks as though I had better make sure that the greehouse door and roof lights are closed then!!! 8O

It seems as though WxSim has noted something too!!!

WxSim 2007-11-05_183336.jpg

My wxsim forecast is picking up gusting wind on thursday night.

When is the seasonal high tide? (i ask this as i have just watched Flood) http://www.flood-london.com/ :slight_smile:

Wind 3 days in advance I can see, but 3 weeks based on 10 year old events? Are your weather forecasters that good that they can predict tornadoes three weeks out? Brian has been wasting his time in the US midwest.

Just read the other thread on this. We have the same type of ‘forecasters’ around here.

–Dave

Well, HERE’S the story and a link to the “Forecasters” website is HERE.
Make your own minds up. :?

Told you we have the same here. Check it out and see “How Our Weather Forecasts Are Made” on that page.

Mind made up. :roll:

Budgie , I’m not trying to upset you. Just questioning the accuracy of long term predictions based on, IMHO, questionable basis.

–Dave

No upsetting me Dave. :smiley: I only put the links up there for others to see what we’re on about.
I’ve also made my mind up and I don’t go with these forecasters, I hope I didn’t give the impression that I believed them! #-o

Got it. Looks like you and I agree and hope they aren’t right about the tornadoes. I lived in “tornado alley” for 18 years and hope never to see, hear or feel another.

–Dave

You have a bad experience with a tornado?

There is a Good experience with a Tornado? 8O

-Bob

:rofl:

One was close enough to our house that it broke a couple of windows and blew shingles off the roof but my grandmother, uncle and an aunt all lost all or most of their houses over the years. The one that damaged our house tore the back porch off and dropped a tree on the neighbor’s house. I’ve only seen two but have heard several during the night. In this area (mid-Atlantic states) we don’t get a lot of tornadoes but a couple of years ago a F-4 went through that damaged a bunch of houses and businesses.

Every tornado is bad.

–Dave

I would like to see nature do its stuff but this would scare the shit out of me

Quote "I’ve only seen two but have heard several during the night. "

Just hearing them not knowing where they are, sod that, i would be a little worried!

Right Stuart. Can’t tell you how many nights we spent in the storm shelter all huddled together with nothing but a ‘coal oil’ lamp. Mom would heard us four kids out there every time a Tornado Warning was issued for our area. Thank goodness most of the time we didn’t have one. But once you hear a tornado you’ll never forget.

–Dave