Oregon WMR200 - Important fix for slow updating outdoor temp/hum!

Hello Everyone !

i bought one of these new models , very nice indeed, i am using the weather display basic with it and reading the oustside temp / humidity is slow or not at all , all other readings seem to update ok.

The console is showing regular updating but not so WD.

When i update to registered version i also get some message about a wrong interger value and still a problem reading , updating that outside temp

cheers Dennis

Perhaps you have the WMR base unit set to use to the data logging facility, and perhaps WD is getting updated using this instead of live raw data ? Check that you haven’t got the WMR data logging set or have not WD set to use the data logging.

regards

TrevP

Yes i have the base unit set to 5 minute intervals and i have WD with the history extraction set at 5 minute intervals too,so this set up is wrong ?
I cannot leave the computer on all the time , so data logging on the base unit is essential,
what should i do again ?

cheers Dennis

Interesting i just turned off the WD history data logger and reloaded the programme the info was there almost straight away for everything but 0 values for outside temp and humidity, yet console shows readings

I don’t use a data logger facility so I’m not sure how this works, but I would say is why you have your PC switched on, you surely do not need WD set to data extract continuosly every 5 minutes, or the base unit set to log. To my mind you only need to switch on the data logging facility on the base unit when you need to switch the PC off. Then when you fire up your PC, you would then go to the data logging facility to ‘download’ the data from the base unit. HOWEVER…I cannot see that the data logging frame in WD does not refer to the WMR200, only the 918/928 Skyview logger, therefore I’m not sure Brian has this facility availableas yet for the wmr200 ?

TrevP

=

well i think there maybe a issue with how WD reads that default channel for the outside temp / humidity all other readings a being read in real time and when i use another senor using channel 1 not the default option reading is coming in, and before you say it original senor on default channel checks out fine

cheers Dennis

So you can turn off the data logger in the WMR 200 ? how ?
cheers Dennis

Perhaps you cannot turn the data logger off from the base unit, I don’t know, I don’t have the WMR200. But that shouldn’t be the issue. From you earlier description of the problem, it reads as though you have WD set up to read from the Datalogger, when I don’t believe you need that setup, until you are ready for WD to receive data from the logger, rather than direct from the base unit. Perhaps Brian would be able to shed some more light on this.

regards

TrevP

Dennis

Is the WMR 200 station an option in station setup in your version of WD?

I think you are the first user of this station we have seen on the forum, so you’ll probably need the assistance of the software author Brian (forum name Windy) to get this going. Nobody else here has experience with that station.

i think the solution is to set the extra temp sensor number to use…in the basic version, do that under view, wmr968/wmr100/200 extra sensors or in the latest full version do that in the weather station type setup (i will upload a fix for the integer error on start up when you set that today)

you are only the second person to use WD with the WMR200 that I know of…the other person also had a slow update of the outdoor temp/hum data…and the solution was to set the sensor number to use as 1 instead of 0 (default)
I did not have this problem with the pre production version of the hardware

also you can have the data logging at 1 minute interval (best) , as the memory can handle alot of data
but first use the ability to clear out the history data

I have updated WD to fix that error on start up with the wmr200
use:
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/WeatherD.zip

Thank you Brian the update has improved the reading of the senor, i am using only the full version of WD. I get this message across the graphs when the programme loads. what does that mean Brian ?

ERROR 'WMR200" IS NOT A VALID INTEGER VALUE AT TIME/DATE

and then the current time when programme is started.

Should i have the data logger on the console set to 1 minute and on the history logger in WD set to 1 minute as well?

And i have noticed that sometimes you loose the rain senor when the programme is running and once you disconnect and do a search all is well again.

Cheers Dennis

that integer error is still there after the update Brian fyi.

Also WD also defaults back to 0 channel when programme is closed, it doesn’t matter if i select channel 1 , once the programme is closed and reopened it defaults to channel 0.

ops, there was another place in the code I need to change the channel setting on start up…that error is causing the channel selected to not be used at restart
use this udpate to fix that
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/WeatherD.zip

Integer error is gone and sensor channel select is all good now, Brian what settings do recommend for the data logger on the console and wd history logger, and leaving the history logger on in WD all the time would be ok, all i can see that the programme takes a while to load with this option.

I have ordered the uv senor, will WD pick that up automatically ?

Thank you for your help so far.

Cheers Dennis

p.s. rain sensor continues to be lost while programme is up,and i think also wind is affected readings seem to stay the same, but once you disconnect ,search they are there, i only loose them while wd is up.
just relaying everything that happens, so it may be of help for all who might like to buy this station. and use WD with it, it’s very nice!

Cheers Dennis

Oh i should ad that i am using two temp/ humidity sensors so the original senor that comes with the station is using channel 0 in WD AND 1 ON THE UNIT ITSELF and the second sensor is using 1 in WD and 2 ON THE UNIT.

I never had lost sensors in testing in the base unit that I have here…strange that is happening to you…and the other person who has wmr200 does not report that, and testing OS was doing initialy did not report that either…I am at a loss to explain that one

No worries Brian everything worked well overnight as far as data etc thank you… i am using an extension usb cable to get away from the computer , maybe that is the drama, but as i said only happens when the programme is up.

I put a barometer offset value in to get an adjusted sea level reading, it might be a good feature to be able to do that in the station set up like for the wmr968, i did try checking that but it didn’t work obviously.

And it’s odd the OS don’t go to a decimel place with there barometer resolution in hpa , i guess you can’t have it all

cheers Dennis