Remote Weather Station Packet Radio

I’m setting up a weather station (running Weather Display) on a mountain top in Virginia. I have access to power but nothing else. I know you can transmit WD data thru APRS using packet radio. But I need to receive the data stream and upload the information to a webpage. Can WD receive the data stream over the air (receiver and TNC) into a PC that populates WD and then uploads to the internet just as if the weather station was connected directly?

Any help would be appreciated.

tbrickey
K4TSB

yes, via the client/server setup, in the ftp/internet setup
there is someone else doing this…

Hi,

I would like to know more about this too please, I am also setting up several stations on mountains and want to continue to use Weather Display.

So I will go from Davis VP2 using the APRS data loggers into TNC, into 70cm rig and yagi then at the other end, the same, with the TNC into the PC com port.

So how does WD see the APRS on the com port ? I don’t see any setting in server/client to setup the APRS com port etc ?

I havn’t done anything with APRS before, so maybe I’m missing something in that picture ?

thx,
Steve

Hi, I might be wrong but there is something to do with the APRS in, Control Panel, then CWOP, then
Listen to other data tab and its in there, but as i dont know diddly about AR then it could be the wrong
place to send you…

I’m trying too via client/server, but no success in capturing APRS data from the remote station, not even a single data packet.