How to setup jpgraphs and wxgraphs

Henrik I need to change my code as DOCUMENT_ROOT is not provided by IIS, I have found some code which works for both Apache and IIS and will test later today if I get time.

Stuart

Hi Stuart

That sounds good.

Let me know if you want me to test it for you on a IIS server.

Best regards,

Henrik

Hi

I wonder who are responsibe for these scripts. It could be nice if they could comply to the templates from Ken True and use the same CSS files.

Thanks

Rgds
Gert

Gert I created the scripts for the graphs and they are compatible with any webpage you want to use them on. The sample HTML file is only there to do two things, one prove the installation works, and two to give you an idea of how to call the graphs from your own web page. In fact many people already have included them in their own pages of all types, Carterlake or Ken True’s stuff as well as their own pages. All these scripts do is to call JPGraph to create an image to display the graph, what you do with these images is up to you.

Stuart

Wait a minute…these scripts were all at one time stand-alone scripts that a lot of us implemented a long time before Ken etal put them all in one package so that there is little or no work involved for newcomers to have “pretty” pages. Suggesting that those scripts should be written to comply with the new package is just not right. While I greatly admire what Ken and all others have done to make everything so easy I also feel that by making it so easy there is not a lot of learning going on ergo not a lot of appreciation by new forum members for just how difficult a task the package contributors have accomplished by making web pages pretty much “plug and play”.

Hi Lulu836

Sorry to offend you, it was not the purpose. The purpose was just to ask, if anyone changed the scripts, so they comply to Ken’s templates. I can understand from your answer, that you didn’t. But maybe someone else.

Rgds
Gert

Thanks for the kind words Linda!

When I put together the packaged WD/PHP/AJAX website designs using Kevin’s included-file base, I had every intent of allowing all my old scripts (and others added on) to be used inside the design with minimal configuration, but also to allow all scripts (including the ajax-dashboard) to continue to be used standalone (without the template Settings.php file) in any existing website that supports PHP.

Each of my old scripts are being updated to include Settings.php $SITE awareness, but still have full configurability using the built-in settings in the individual script.

The template set is not intended to replace, but to augment. It sure makes the building of the scripts a bit more difficult, but I think it’s worth the effort so folks are free to choose to use the scripts with their existing website design, or change their website to use the included-file design.

Gert, I’m honored that you’ve termed it the “Ken True standard”, but it’s not really a standard, just a convention that folks are free to use or ignore as they please.

My 2cents :slight_smile:
Best regards,
Ken

I think you have missed the point. These graphs are simply .png images and can be added to any page you may care to write or template you may care to use. There is no way for the package to be altered or customised to fit any type of page. The whole thing just gives you the ability to add the graphs you want to any page as a .png image. I really dont know what you are expecting when you say you want them to comply with Ken’s templates and CSS, they do already as they are images added with the html tag. If you want a template page setup to include all of the graphs then I suggest you ask Ken to add a template page to his package but as for this graph package it will not be changed by me from the current format.

Stuart

Henrik (jwwd) had been having problems with the scripts because he uses an IIS server. From what can tell the DOCUMENT_ROOT environment variable does not exist in some IIS servers (it can be added by sysadmin I believe).

Anyway Henrik kindly allowed me to do some testing on his server and I now have modified the code in graphsconf.php so that it works with IIS and Apache to discover the correct value for DOCUMENT_ROOT even if the variable does not exist. I will upload a new package later today which fixes (hopefully) this problem. I’ll post a message when the new package is available.

Stuart

I have uploaded an updated package, the only changes are the sample graphsconf files which now contain the fix for IIS servers. You only need to update if you are having problems with using an IIS server and getting the graphs to work. There are no changes to the graphs files.

Stuart

Hi Stuart

Thank you very much for you help - I have the wxgraphs up and running in both a Danish and English version

Best regards,

Henrik

I have just uploaded a new graph package for downloading. This new version contains the ability to change the language used on the graph labels. There is a new file called graphlang.php which contains all the data strings used to add labels and titles to the graphs, by editing this file and changing the strings you can change the graphs to display in your own language. As I am completely dumb with foreign languages I have not provided any examples I’m afraid, however I will try not to change this file but simply add any new strings to the end of the file so that people can copy over any updates and not replace the whole file. Any changes in this file will be detailed in the Readme.txt.

Stuart

Hi Stuart

Thats a great feature - I will download it today and try it out.

I guess all my work translating the graps into Danish last week was a waste :D’

Have a nice day

Best regards,

Henrik

Hi again

I just installed the new version and see some minor missing translation:

• temp+dew+hum_24hr.php - the explanation is missing translation

• temp+dew+hum_1hr.php - the explanation is missing translation

• The compass letters (N W S E N)

• rain_yesterday.php - missing translation (rain)

• rain_today.php - missing translation (rain)

• rain_week.phprain_this_month.php - missing translation (rain)

• rain_this_year.php - missing translation (rain)

• all the “last 31 days graphs” - the name “date” in the right down corner is not translated

That was what I was noticing.

Best regards,

Henrik

Thanks Henrik, I’ll work on that later today and put up a new package. Sorry for that, it gets a bit confusing doing the testing when I only have one meaningful language to use #-o :roll:

Stuart

Hi again

Its okay - im happy to test it out for you.

I can send you the graphlang.php in Danish if you like?

Best regards,

Henrik

Yes please Henrik, that’ll make seeing what’s missing much easier. You have my email address.

Stuart

Hi Stuart

E-mail sent

Best regards,

Henrik

Thanks Henrik, I’ll have a package for you to test tomorrow when you get time. I’ll email it to you.

Stuart

Edit: email sent to you Henrik…

Hi Stuart

E-mail sent

Best regards,

Henrik