How to setup jpgraphs and wxgraphs

That seems to work. There’s gonna be a whole lot of file renaming going on I betcha.

That a good way to test compatibility with php 5, but once you switch to 5 using your hosting control or php.ini file then .php scripts will run under 5, you won’t need to change the names.

OK…even better :smiley:

On further investigation GoDaddy can handle both at the same time. If you want to use mixed extensions “php and php5” then all you hve to do is use php5 for those files and just plain php for php4 files.

I have just completed updating my graph page to reflect the 7 day graphs. I have been unable to get the temp_7days.php graph to work on my site…all others are fine.

http://www.i40exit319weather.com/wx11.html

Could someone provide me with some areas to check…at this point I can’t see the forest for the trees.

Thanks,
Ronnie

Ronnie,

If I just run the temp_7days.php graph on its own, by putting http://www.i40exit319weather.com/graphs/temp_7days.php into the address bar, i get the following error:

Warning: array_walk(): Unable to call NegVal() - function does not exist in /home/content/....../html/graphs/temp_7days.php on line 22

(I’ve removed part of the path for your security). So i expect there is an error around line 22 of the code, I had something similar but off the top of my head I can’t remember. I’ll haved a look & try to remember to get back.

Ian

Ronnie you have not installed the latest version of the graphsconf.php file. When updating the graphs you must install the latest graphsconf.php as well.

Stuart

That was it! I had that problem also #-o so that’s your answer.

I see you have it working now :smiley:

Thanks for the assistance everyone…working fine…

Ronnie

I have now got my latest set of graphs ready for public viewing. I have setup three sets to look at

1. First set using metric + MPH and my own data

2. Second set using US measurements and a US website’s data

3. Third set using US measurements and another US website’s data

These graphs have more user customisable information, you can choose the plot line colours as well as all the units. They will attempt to handle negative values correctly in all temperature related graphs and should set the y-axis scale accordingly. These graphs are currently running on PHP4 and JPGraph 1.20.5, they have also been tested OK on PHP v5 and JPGraph 2.3.

Please let me know what you think. If all looks OK then I’ll plan to get a package ready for downloading in a day or so.

Stuart

Wow, I know how much work it is to put together a set like that. A couple of comments based on the first graph of the first US set. Mixed resolution of the displayed values causes confusion. The vertical scale, 0, 0.01, 0.01, 0.02, 0.02 appears confusing because the legend resolution doesn’t match the scale increments, and then the single dp value on top of the column is 0.0, apparently not matching the graph.

Niko I missed that. The problem is with rain in inches and the number of ticks on the y-axis. Apparent;y its possible to get values like 0.252in of rain, now I mistakenly assumed that since most if not all rain guages had a resolution of 0.01in like my Davis I would always see values of multiples of 0.01in - not true. The issue with the y-axis labels can be sorted by having only very other one, but usually when there is more than a small amount of rain you need each tick labelled. This needs some more thinking about and maybe some more php code in the graphs themselves. The amount labels on the column tops were missing because I’d left out a line in some of the graphs - oops.

Stuart

I think you see those extra dp’s because the inch data is stored in mm by WD and that introduces some small errors when converted back to inches for display.

Yes you are correct, I’d just looked at the code. I round the result to 2 decimal places at least that’s what is coded but its not working as I expected… Need to get some ZZZZZZ’s now I’ll look again in the morning.

Stuart

Right guys time to try again. Fixed the problems noted by Niko and another couple I noticed myself.

1. First set using metric + MPH and my own data

2. Second set using US measurements and a US website’s data

3. Third set using US measurements and another US website’s data

Let me know what you think…

Stuart

They look very very nice Stuart. An awful lot of hard work there! You will save many of us a lot of hours trying to figure that all out.

Thanks. - Jim

The wind unit in the US set is wrong (KPH). Also shouldn’t KPH be km/h ?

Yes fixing that was easy, I forgot to change it in the config file after my testing earlier. Its a one character change in one file and all the graphs are correct.

Stuart

Bit more trivia. I think mm is more customary for millimeter and I’m not sure what’s correct for millibar, but MB looks like megabyte :slight_smile:

Hi!

Looking great!

Just a note what I running over when viewing the metric set, there was a time as 21.60 as in image I attached. :wink:

Henkka

windspeed_60min.PNG

Again this is all user customisable in the config file, if we can come to a conclusion about what is correct I can set it up as default when I create the package.

I intend to distribute it with probably 3 or 4 config files which the user can rename to the default name and get a config file already set up with USA, UK or Metric settings already there, I’ll probably add one for Knots as well just for Brian and others in the sailing fraternity. As you will have noticed already its easy to forget one item.

Henkka I’ll fix that 21.60 as well.

Stuart