How to setup jpgraphs and wxgraphs

Well done Tim, I was about to do something similar but you beat me to it.

Stuart

Please note the correct location for downloading the zip file is https://www.stella-maris.org.uk/code.phtml

Looks like a FAQ that would be helpful. Maybe someone could make it one.

–Dave

Funny you should mention that, Stuart and I had been discussing it too. The FAQ is defined as “Frequently Asked Questions about Weather Display”, this very useful information doesn’t fit that definition. I have made this topic a sticky at the top of this forum.

Tim

I suggest adding a line about deleting test.php after it’s used, I believe it’s a security risk. You could change the title to something like “How to setup jpgraph” so it’s clear this is informational rather than a question.

Niko,

I’ve made the changes you suggested. Let me know if you like it better.

Whatever is appropriate, whether a faq or a sticky, is fine with me.

I’m happy to contribute something worthwhile.

Niko,

I just noticed that you use in your avatar one of the coolest words in the English language. :smiley:

Thanks for noticing :lol:

Could someone tell me where the wxgraph folder is. I have downloaded jpgraph-1.22 and unzipped it but cannot find a wxgraph folder.

Thanks,

Rick #-o

You need to download wxgraphs from here:

http://www.stella-maris.org.uk/code.shtml

Probably should add that to the directions…

Tim.

Thank you so much…

Rick

Can someone give me some help on the coding for this. I am getting the error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected ‘.’ in /home/content/k/4/r/k4rcb/html/weather/wxgraph/graphsconf.php on line 7

wxgraph/graphsconf.php

$hostloc = “${./WEBROOT}/”; //must have trailing slash
$jploc = “${./WEBROOT}/jpgraph-1.22.5/src/”; //must have trailing slash

clientraw files and jpgraph-1.22/src are in the ./weather folder.

Thanks again for your help,

Rick

Kewee,

Remove the . before WEBROOT in both lines.

Tim,

Sorry the ./ was removed. Typo on my part.

These are the errors:

Warning: main(/home/content/k/4/r/k4rcb/html/jpgraph-1.22.5/src/jpgraph.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/k/4/r/k4rcb/html/weather/wxgraph/baro_24hr.php on line 4

Warning: main(/home/content/k/4/r/k4rcb/html/jpgraph-1.22.5/src/jpgraph.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/k/4/r/k4rcb/html/weather/wxgraph/baro_24hr.php on line 4

Warning: main(): Failed opening ‘/home/content/k/4/r/k4rcb/html/jpgraph-1.22.5/src/jpgraph.php’ for inclusion (include_path=‘.:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/content/k/4/r/k4rcb/html/weather/wxgraph/baro_24hr.php on line 4

Warning: main(/home/content/k/4/r/k4rcb/html/jpgraph-1.22.5/src/jpgraph_line.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/k/4/r/k4rcb/html/weather/wxgraph/baro_24hr.php on line 5

Warning: main(/home/content/k/4/r/k4rcb/html/jpgraph-1.22.5/src/jpgraph_line.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/k/4/r/k4rcb/html/weather/wxgraph/baro_24hr.php on line 5

Warning: main(): Failed opening ‘/home/content/k/4/r/k4rcb/html/jpgraph-1.22.5/src/jpgraph_line.php’ for inclusion (include_path=‘.:/usr/local/lib/php’) in /home/content/k/4/r/k4rcb/html/weather/wxgraph/baro_24hr.php on line 5

Fatal error: Cannot instantiate non-existent class: graph in /home/content/k/4/r/k4rcb/html/weather/wxgraph/baro_24hr.php on line 32

The page is http://www.dominion-llc.com/weather/wxgraph/baro_24hr.php

As you can see I am very much a novice at PHP.

Thanks,

Rick

I’m also having a problem. My clientraw files, jpgraph, and wxgraphs are all located at /wx/
My config files is set as follows:

//where are your clientraw*-files and JPGraph relative to where this file is
//note you should only need to change the jpgraph directory if you do not use standard names
$hostloc = “${WEBROOT}/”; //must have trailing slash
$jploc = “${WEBROOT}/wx/jpgraph-1.22/src/”; //must have trailing slash

If I try to load a image from the wxgraphs directory I get a page not found error. I can see the file is there when I ftp to the same directory. Any idea what I did wrong?

http://www.lesdiefenbach.org/wx/wxgraphs/rain_1hr.php

Kewee,

What folders did you create for jpgraph and wxgraph? Make sure the paths match exactly, including case.

dafuser,

Are all your weather files in /wx? I think you need to change $hosloc to reflect that.

Wxgraph and jpgraphs folders are setup under /weather and are named wxgraph and jpgraphs-1.22. All others files are in the /weather folder.
too.

Thanks for your help.

Rick

Yes, all files are under /wx/ I changed the WEBROOT to poit to /wx/ but still get the files not found error when I try to access any of the image files in the wxgraph folder

Could you both post the results of running hardpath.php?

My hardpath.php is located at:

http://www.lesdiefenbach.org/wx/jpgraph-1.22/ttf/hardpath.php

The results I get when running it are:

/home/content/d/a/f/dafuser/html/wx/jpgraph-1.22/ttf/

dafuser,

Use the rain_1hr.php in an image tag, like in the directions above.

And if you are getting a file not found error (I am too) then make sure the file is there. If it is there it may not work but you should not get a file not found error.