Labjack U3 major problems

Hello…

I think WD software section related to Labjack U3 unit needs some big attention. Not only problems with some math conversion at hours o’clock. I’ve just discovered that WD switches on the DAC0 output when it does not have to do. U3 has many interesting features to use with WD, but at this time it is unpredictable, useless.

Any time to spend on this Brian?

Thanks.

i might be able to find some time over this coming week
but I think you are the only person using the labjack U3 ?

Wow… that was fast !!!

No, I think there’re some other people using it with temp probes.

Thanks Brian.

maybe you could help me some more, instead of stating that wd is useless with the labjack u3?

Yes, of course Brian…

Anyway, I’ve been reporting since six months ago some problems with a math conversion on solar readings. A bug Tracker entry, some mail to you, and accurate description of the problem here: http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/25247. No changes on this stuff, still these hourly steps.

Today I’ve found WD activates a 2.5 volt output through DAC0. I have it at 0 volts, but each time I start WD, it jumps to 2.5 again. Even if I try to force it with DAQFactory, WD takes authority and switches 2.5V again every 1 or 2 seconds.

And I’ve recently opened a new thread with some doubts about Labjack and/or 1-wire solar output interpretation. Surely you can throw some light on this: http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/28437

Thanks for your time Brian. You already know where I am for anything you could need testing this. I’m sure WD & Labjack are a top combination, as it does with 1-wire.

Brian, maybe a little clue:

WD only activates 2.5V on DAC0 when I tick on the “Labjack U3 in use” option, in Setup, Labjack setup.

Finally I give up on this. I’ll better explore the 1-wire route…

Thanks.

please remember that there is only 1 person , me
and I have people pulling me in all directions wanting priority for my time

and you are just one of them with this project, and your needs are on the list