My Weather Equipment Pictures

well , if you ever wondered what my setup looks like, here it all is…Chris

looks great… good job

ah here is mine ( oh lord, :roll: it is going to be one of those ‘I’ll show you mine if you show me yours’ things 8O)

http://home.mchsi.com/~dsmweather/stationinfo.htm :lol:

Oki - lets continue…

http://www.buskelundtoften.dk/vejret/english/om.php

Best regards,

Henrik

Here’s mine.

Out of date though.

www.thanko.info/station_info.php

So if we watch the outside temp we’ll know when to come over for barbecue?

Tim, you need a few dozen more wires under that desk to be in my league… I just put my feets under the desk and what a turn on… Zaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaapppppppppppppppp.

As I always say when I have to fix someone’s computer at school… if you smell something like bacon cooking #-o… it’s me…

It’s actually worse now.

The pictures on the site a pre-dedicated weather computer (so two PCs now), web cam, and Boltek.

I did move things around a bit, but yeah, gotta watch yanking them wires out with your feet.

:smiley:

Hi All,

Nice pics of all the setups. One of these days will have to take some pics of my setup and share them with the group.

Thanks for sharing to all.

–Stan Y.
Maui, Hawaii

Here is some pics of mine. There is also some weather pics as well. Only ones outside. None for the inside.

http://www.chucksndweather.info/WeatherpicsSS/index.html

Chuck

Chris,
I’d be concerned about your ISS placement for 2 reasons:

1. reflected heat from house (or barbecue :wink: as Niko pointed out)
  2. rain gauge “catch” due to proximity to house

Of course this location may be your only option but just thought I’d let you know…

If you cant beat then, certainly join them, just to be sociable, heres mine, although you prob seen it already

New 33ft (not fullly open) mast with Aenometer (is that spelt right?) and the home made solar light bulb

Heres a close up of the above

Heres the Rain gauge, Home made FARS and soil sensor ( only to give an idea if the ground is frozen is all)

and heres the pig sty :oops:

Nice setup’s and picture’s guys…Chris

What I would give for two 21" LCD screens… that would help my glasses situation my eyes are long sighted and even the keyboard is slightly fuzzy these days… and I am always trying to correct data, would be great to have two screens, I tend to sit in the lounge where the main PC has direct access to Wx PC and the files. I daren’t fiddle with Wx PC cos it often goes out of timing with COM1 if I play and edit on there too much while running. I need to do some more work before I take photos… :frowning:

I get cries of “When are you going to paint the house? Why are you always playing with your wx stn???” - and not just from the wife either…

Trouble is the hobby grows and nothing has seemed to work properly first time for me - it has been a real struggle. Sumemr is almiost here and I need to get a FARS setup properly… WS 2310 style unit…

Great photos guys… I should post some up soon too :slight_smile:

I have one LCD screen. I wear trifocals with no lines but with them, the screen appears to be parabolic and that drives batty at home. At school the screen is smaller and I am closer to it so I don’t get that illusion.

I would love to have two computers, one dedicated and one to do everything else. However, my cpu is chugging along… it is about 6 years now…

Gotta go and feed the hamster that runs the wheel in the cpu…

I would love a dedicated PC for the wx station but funding is not permitting
and the kids said no to the other option i had in mind :wink:

I have used 2 monitors on the 1 pc for a good while now and theres is no way i will
ever go back to a single, its been a god send, more so for the other stuff i do on the
PC such as my forum and hosting work, on top of that i also have my Live Help to run
as well, plus and graphics and video that i need to do as well…

Not sure what i will do when i get a dedicated wx station or where it will go, I would
prefer it next to this 1 so i can play if needs be, but then theres the problem of a
monitor for it, i have no room for another 1 :frowning: are there such things as a splitter?
1 monitor for 2 pc’s?

Bashy what you need is a KVM switch (Keyboard Video Mouse) which allows you to swap monitor keyboard and mouse between PCs. I use one by Belkin which also switches the basic sound as well, they are available for both the PS2 stlye connectors and USB for keyboard and mouse. I have 3 PCs and use only one monitor etc. Once a dedicated WX PC is up and running you can use one of the remote control packages to access it when needed (I use Tight VNC).

Stuart

Of course, cheers Stuart, to be honest i totally forgot about Remote Desktop that i use
all the blooming time with the kids PC upstairs pmsl… #-o

Not quite the same as using the monitor switch though, so will more than likely get 1 :slight_smile:

Bashy - about a dedicated PC for Wx, why not seek a laptop, quiet , compact and can get the performance you need easily - also the monitor is always available and also tidied away but there are some catches with the laptops and the power management and the closing function of the screen but others have done it. A 1.8GHz pentium 4 or AMD trurion or something would do fine and not too expensive. Or even second hand… may be different if you need a serial port though…

Yes Basy, there are “KVM” switches (keyboard, video, mouse) 2 PC’s to one monitor but not at the same time. The switch is controlled by the keyboard.
Peter

Hi

I have a dedicated WX computer and a computer for anything else.

I use Real VNC for remote control of the WX computer.

When im at work I use LogMeIn

Best regards,

Henrik