What have i done wrong?

help!
i updated to the latest wd and must have changed something, each morning when i get up since then (3 mornings) i find my display has ‘flattlined’ on all the readings during the night and i need to restart it… any clues?

is the data received light still flashing when the flat linining occurs?
what time did the flat lining start, any pattern there?
is WD running all the time ? (i.e over night?)

hiya,
yes the proggy runs and uploads 24/7
this morning it was a few minutes before 3am it flatlined,
yesterday it was about 5am
day before it was between 3 and 4am
never noticed about the data light sorry :oops:

gotta go to work now but will catch up when i get home :slight_smile:

Hi

I installed the latest .zip last night. And tonight my WD has flatlined too.

I reboot my PC every night at 2.23 and this morning i notised 2 WD were running. I closed both thru task manager and restarted WD.

Now it collects data again from my WS-2305.

I will see what happens tonight.

Best regards,

Henrik

I installed the latest patch (10.37g build 6) and the next morning at 0130, the same thing as happened to you happened to me. Flatlined. The data light was flashing & the counter incrementing but no data was coming in. The time on WD was still stuck on 0130. I tried exiting WD and restarting it. Received three new values and then flatlined again.

At this stage I rebooted WINDOZE and everything has been fine for the couple of nights since.

It seemed as if (maybe) nothing was coming out the COM port but there seems to have been nothing wrong with the weatherstation which I have not reset or touched.

If all else fails, blame Bill Gates (I’m a Unix/Solaris/Linux person and not a great lover of Windoze)!

Regds,
Dave

Glad i am not the only one to have this, i shall try a manual reboot of my comp before i go to bed tonight and see if it has flatlined in the morning. All i have set to run overnight is diskeeper and WD.

Oh dear…Mine has done the same this morning…Flatlines on the graphs for the WS2300-11 since 0350(L)…interestingly the Vortex wind/graph output has remained OK…it is just the ws2300-11 output…never done that before…updated to 1037g build 6 yesterday…

Mine was OK.
Is this a prob with one particular ws?

Hi

Im using Lacross WS-2305.

I just checked my logfile and the problem started 3.50 am.

I installed WD 10.37 build 06 last night

Best regards,

Henrik

Looks a bit like that…My Davis is OK on the other PC (WD Build 1037g b02) but I always keep that setup at least one itteration of WD behind the backup Wx Stn PC…Just about to put b02 back onto the WS2300-11 now…

Edit: For Brian…all looked normal with the data received light and incrementing normally (but was that the Vortex)…PC running 24/7…

I am using a lacrosse WS2350 so maybe?

I am using VP2
WD 10.37g bld06

I did change something with the 2310…to improve the start up procedure…that must have been it…I will make sure that only happens once…
standy for a update

update:
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/WeatherD.zip

Hi Brian

Thanks for the update - I will let you know how it goes.

Best regards,

Henrik

Hi Brian

Its morning here - and same thing happend tonight again. I installed your latest .zip last night.

Tonight WD flatlined 3.02 am.

I have now restarted WD and here is the historyextraction2310.txt:

Running histlog2300 now, comport #2
Time/date to get the data from is 10/19/2007 06:20:00
checking for the histlog2300 being finished
histlog2300 has finished, reading in the missed data now
rechecking Time/date to get the data from is 10/19/2007 06:20:00
copied the out2300.txt → out23002.txt
lines of data read in =1
raw data read in =

Looks like no data has been reed in at WD startup.

I then closed WD again - now Wdisplay was still running in tastmanager. I then killed Wdisplay from taskmanager and started up again. See the historyextraction2310.txt in the attached file.

Now it seems to work.

Hope you can figure out whats wrong.

Best regards,

Henrik

historyextraction2310.txt (26 KB)

so its always around the same time?

Hi Brian

Yesterday it was 3.50 AM and this night it was 3.02 AM

Im using a WS-2305 Lacross

I reboot my computer every night at 2.23 AM

Best regards,

Henrik

hiya,
just downloaded the zip … how do i install it? :oops:
though if henrik tried and it didn’t work i think i’ll wait a bit lol
did a manual restart last night before going to bed at just gone 11pm and it still flatlined at 3.02

Hi

Ok - dont install the latest .zip.

When Brian fixes the problem - you simply unzip the .zip file to where you have WD installed.

Best regards,

Henrik