Three killer storms for the UK (so it says)

Hi peeps

Just pulled this from the Daily Express and thought you might be interested in the read :slight_smile:

[quote]BRITAIN is set to be battered by three massive storms during a spell of

ā€œMr Corbyn, who predicts the weather by measuring the effects of solar flare activity on our atmosphereā€

Interestingā€¦

I m8, very, but then you get the ā€œothersā€ fobbing off his claims although they do say his gonna be
a little stormy, He has been right in the past, so will have to see what happensā€¦

I will more than likely bring the aenometer (cant spell lol) down a tad :slight_smile:

[quote]Forecasters are already predicting that it could be as severe as the famous tempest of 1703

interesting, just started another thread about this as the sun mentioned this today too.

dates have changed slightly but the first date they mentioned is only 3 days away!

This bloke is very well known for his ludricous, and more wrong than right forecasts. He makes these outrageous forecasts of ā€˜tempestsā€™ ā€˜major floodingā€™ ā€˜Killer Stormsā€™,ā€¦etc,etcā€¦and then makes further outrageous claims that he was right when he was totally wrong. For example, as usual his forecast for October was totally innacurate, no surprise thereā€¦ part of his forecast was for major rainstorms and damaging wind 27th/28th OCtober. This just did not happen, yet he is claiming that these did happenā€¦and even has a video on YouTube claiming this. Donā€™t be taken in by this man.

Maybe, but theres another thread started today as they have stated much the same coming.

Part of the blokes claims was 3 storms and Thursday this week is supposed to be interesting
well, a little and then more at the end of the month, so there was some truth in what the guy
said even if it was not entirely accurateā€¦

does he predict by the moon by any chance?

No Brian, He doesnā€™t divulge the supposed exact forecasting technique, he uses Solar activity. But believe meā€¦he is is a charlatan.

Maybe he reads the ā€œCoronal Holesā€ forecast on Space Weather:

A minor solar wind stream flowing from this coronal hole should reach Earth on or about Nov. 8th.

Looking at the forecast for the UK for Thursday thereā€™s nothing out of the ordinary. Some gales for us up north but nothing that would be classed as stronger than the rest of the year. :roll:

Bashy, you cannot say there is any truth in anythingā€¦yet He has made specific claims for Novemberā€¦and the forecast can only be verified after the event. A forecast is a forecast, if itā€™s wrong, itā€™s wrongā€¦jeeees!!!

Obviously, you guys donā€™t know this blokes track record ? Where have you been ? He makes these claims every year, remember guys, this bloke is running a commercial organisation, and he cleverly gets front page news, particularly the Daily Express in the UK. When ever you see headlines in this newspaper regarding weather, it will always be from this blokes organisation. His forecasts as usual made headlines in the Express in Augustā€¦and were as usual totally incorrect, once again, the forecast focused on flooding, this time from the Thames, and major storms. As already said, his October forecast was incorrectā€¦You guys think it is OK for him to say there were major rainstorms and wind 27th/28th October when there blatently was not ?

With regard to his November forecast, and the reference to storms, it is worth noting that this was published when model runs were hinting at the possibility of a more active atlantic and the possibility of stormier weather to the North of the UK. Note, although his forecast mentions 8th-13th November, he particularly points to 10/11th Novemberā€¦this would be totally in line with model watching and basically ā€˜hedgingā€™ your bets. So basically, if a stormier period of weather happens between the 8th/13th he is going to claim he is right and that his solar technique of forecasting is correct when it is plainly obvious that he has just been model watching on this occasion.

If you really want to find out what this bloke is about you need to track down his forecasts over the last year or 2 and then check out actual weather conditions were (and not his claims of what they were)ā€¦hardly anything will verifyā€¦it will be less than 30%ā€¦

I found his website: http://www.weatheraction.com/
Where you have to pay to get his forecast!!! :?

Yes Budgie, I didnā€™t 'publish that as I donā€™t want to give his company more free advertising.

Well, if it helps others understand what weā€™re on aboutā€¦ :wink:

Indeed Budgie. You should come and join us on the UKww forum,(www.ukweatherworld.co.uk), where you will find a lot more aheem ā€˜fansā€™ of his. :slight_smile:

Your input from your lovely part of the world would welcomed as well!!!

regards

Trevp

I see Stuartā€™s just joined, Iā€™ll have a look around. You sure theyā€™ve got enough forum catagories in there! :lol:

This is the 1st time ive heard of the guy, I didnt say total truth, i said ā€œsome truthā€ i also said ā€œif not entirely accurateā€

you took my comment out of context, i am not supporting the guy as i dont know him (at all) i am
only stating what i read and what is coming this week, I aint never said anything an blooming storms that were supposed to have happenedā€¦ although we did have a mild one on the 28th Oct gusting up to about 24mph

Maximum gust speed = 24 mph  from 225

[quote author=Bashy link=topic=27213.msg218641#msg218641 date=1194298141]
This is the 1st time ive heard of the guy, I didnt say total truth, i said ā€œsome truthā€ i also said ā€œif not entirely accurateā€

you took my comment out of context, i am not supporting the guy as i dont know him (at all) i am
only stating what i read and what is coming this week, I aint never said anything an blooming storms that were supposed to have happenedā€¦ although we did have a mild one on the 28th Oct gusting up to about 24mph

Maximum gust speed = 24 mph  from 225

Look at the title again please, more so the last part, what was it again oh yeah (so it says)

Therse no need to be so serious or sarcastic about it all, I am gonna leave this thread to die out
i didnt expect to be ridiculed when i posted itā€¦

It is becoming more common on here i think, probably due to the forum being as popular as ever and so many people on here these days.