All day video timestamped files

I’m having a real struggle trying to get my all day video created. I followed the FAQ, the webcam files update and appear in the correct folder, but the timestamped images aren’t being created.

I’ve attached my screens, so hopefully someone can see where I went wrong.

And one other thing I noticed is that in the screen “current webcam image/main settings”, it wants me to use a gif image, while in the FAQ it said to load the jpg image, but it won’t even let me choose jpg.

set.png

Okay, I made a few more changes… I have it set to start up in the morning, so I’m just going to leave it and go to bed and hope it starts working.

Well, it’s still not working. Movie Maker comes on, but all it outputs is a corrupt file since there are no timestamped files for it to load.

While looking at the FAQ and Wiki, I kept noting differences in the screens and settings between them, and also between my version of WD.

Has anyone been able to get all day video to work with WD 10.37f?

Hi

I used to have 10.37f and allday timestamped videoes was working fine.

Now I use 10.37g and still no problems.

See my pics of my settings.

I dont use wdwebcamcapture - becuase I have a Linksys Wireless IP webcam that saves a picture every 25 seconds directly on my harddisk.

Hope you get it to work.

Best regards,

Henrik

and some more pics

I think you might have solved my problem.

I checked the box “30 second override” and now the timestamped files are creating. :smiley:

Hi Fluffy Alien

Great - im glad to give some help back to this great Forum

Best regards,

Henrik

The videos still not being created (properly), but at least I’m making some progress. :wink:

Okay, the videos are being created every hour but they’re only 64 KB and when I try to play them nothing happens (black screen and the time says 00.00).

I noticed something odd in my moviemaker log…

Starting to check for copying file nows to alldayvideo folder
File date =12/30/99 now date 10/08/07

I’ll put up my entire log in case someone can figure out what’s going wrong.

moviemakerlog.txt (103 KB)

I’ve tried everything I can think of. If no one can offer any suggestions I guess I’ll give up on it for now.

Have you definitely got

• Windows Media Encoder (WME) installed ?..
    • Set the correct source folder for the image that you want to use ?

TrevP

Yes, I installed it a second time to make sure and I’ve doubled checked all of the settings multiple times. I must have read every thread in the forums and I’m basically out of ideas.

I know how you feel Fluffy…I have had problems, and yes I read, and re-read the threads, but they still are not sorted completely, so really cannot advise ‘correct settings’ until I have reviewed mine. Sorry couldn’t be of more help.

regards

TrevP

Hi

Just to be sure - are your webcam pictures in the right format (ie. 320 x 240 pixel) ?

You can setup Explorer to presentate the image size (dimensions) - see attached pic.

If only one webcam pic is in the wrong format - there might be problems with the video creation.

Best regards,

Henrik

They are are all 640 x 480.

Here is what shows in my alldayvideo folder, and in my webcam folder.

Hi

I see that the webcampic named “000630jpgwebcam” is only 12 kb. maybe that is a different size from the others?

Best regards,

Henrik

Fluffy, for some strange reason your file names do not follow the time of the creation like you have 000330jpgwebcam.jpg created at 9/10/2007 12:02 AM that file should’ve had a file name like 0002jpgwebcam.jpg name. So delete all *.jpg files from your webcam folder and start over again, also do not use the 30 sec. option if you are not capturing at that rate.
Peter

Those files are stamped with the every 30 second filename convention, but saving every minute…that’s exactly what was happening to me…I don’t have that problem anymore…but don’t know how it corrected…

It’s the same dimensions but the image is black because my webcam was in the middle of resetting when it was captured. I have the box checked to “reset regularly” or else my cam freezes.

Yes, I coudn’t find a way around that. I had it set for one minute capture, but the timestamped files were not being created at all. As soon as I checked the 30 sec override, I now have timestamped files, although they’re only captured once per minute. If I uncheck that box I don’t get any files created. I can’t figure it out either.

Exactly.