Customscreen resizing bug

I’m resurrecting a problem that was reported some time ago.
http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/8941

I’ve been struggling with this problem for some time and finally took some time to get some more (repeatable) information that will hopefully help us track down the problem.

First, I’m using Windows XP-Pro and WD 10.37f. I’m using several customscreens for banners and weather stickers. I always use them in the JPG mode to help preserve image quality and bandwidth.

I ALWAYS see a distortion of the size of the image I select for the background when WD processes it for a customscreen. I recently set up a test image to verify the exact resizing effect.

This image is the image I have selected for the “source” or background image. The image contains 4 overlapping rectangles all starting at the same 0x0 point in the upper left corner. The lightest box is 600x200, followed by a darker one at 590x190 with the darkest one 580x180 on top. Notice that by looking at the JPG properties, you can see that the image is EXACTLY 600h x 200v (pixels):

Now the following image is the output of simply making a customscreen from that background:

Notice that the JPG properties for this image are: 576h x 157v (pixels). The settings on the customscreen setup page are set to 600x200, but the image it creates is 576 x 157. The second image also shows that the customscreen crops or clips the image from the upper left corner, completely missing the two lighter (larger) boxes that are part of the original.

Is there any way to fix this?

Thanks,
David

Welcome to the club:

http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/28011

you will have to live in the club and adjust the width and height of the custom screen and the image in the custom screen so that the final result is OK
as that is just the way the grabing of the window form works, there is nothing i can do about that (its a build in to the compiler function)

I am sorry that i can not be of any further help

After trying for most of the day to adjust for -1 pixel height and -1 pixel width on a new screen that isn’t posted yet that is very encouraging.

you should be able to set the needed with and height though (with some fine tuning)
yes?

I have used the push feature for Move/resize using Ctrl and nuf=dge the edges around until I allow for a complete vertical slider free sidth extr on the RHS and manage to get the bottom pushed up say 1 pixel away from the graphic bottom edge and save it then. Not the perfect way to achieve it but you can get an almost perfect result - see the banner at the top of my webpage. I also think I did some pushing to get close with the current banner below and was a good finish in the end. I cant recall the dimensions though except the image is supposed to be 500 x 80.

TokKiwi

Thanks. I am happy to “tweak” it, if that’s just the way it is.

But does anyone know the mathematical relationship or formula for the adjustment. For example if my source is 200x600, what size do I need to manually set it for, in order to avoid the clipping?

Try 506, 112 - that’s what mine is below here but in the WD settings adjusting up for the slightly smaller image I have.

Cheers