"Start as a service un der NT" : cannot cancel thi

Hi,

WD is installed on a XP home Windows.

Just to try, I have selected the “Start as a service un der NT” option. It started effectively with Windows (but “as a service”, I am not sure at all : WD does not appears in the WP “services control panel” with the other services)…

So now, I want to cancel this option. I re-selected “No” for this option, and re-started Windows : WD is still starting with Windows.

I found a similar problem in an older post of this forum. I downloaded “StartupMan.exe” software from this post, but this program causes a GPF error when I try to run it.

Please tell me the registry option I must delete/re-initialize with RegEdit in order for WD not to start at all with Windows.

Thanks,

-Seb’

Hi,

I had the same problem

If you look in the registry under HKEY_USERS\xxxxx\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
you should find a reference to WD, just delete it and it should work.

(otherwise you can search the registry for 'runonce", it is the entry just above.

Cheers

Michiel

Thanks for the answer…

…but I have already done the scan for all “run” and “runonce” keys of the registry before asking in the forum, without finding any entries talking about Weather Display… ???

I am still using the “unregistered” version of WD : can the problem come from here ?

I had the problem when the software was not registred.

I tried it again and I found the key now onder
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

ie local machine instead of users

maybe this helps

Cheers

Michiel

That’s it ! :slight_smile:

Many thanks,

-Seb’