cloudy cloudy

Author Topic: Barometer Difference in CWOP and WD  (Read 2048 times)

Offline mandronici

Barometer Difference in CWOP and WD
« on: September 19, 2007, 07:02:15 PM »
I have gone through and read all the threads i can find and i am still a bit unclear as to what the setting should be.  I have all thumbs up on CWOP for my barometer data.  I have the WD Altimeter checked inside WD for what to send to CWOP.  When i view my Mesomap i can either display my WD station or my CWOP.  The CWOP updated much faster but the barometer is much higher (I know about the SLP vs. Altimneter vs. CWOP saga) however when i check all of the other CWOP sites in my area they have all failed the Barometer QOS for CWOP.

So either i got it right or they know something i dont on what i should be sending.  I believe i am in line with NWS observations.  It just seems strange that my Barometer is so much higher than all of the stations as i know other CWOP providers who use Mesomap would want to be sure CWOP QoS was in good shape.  Am i giving too much weight to the CWOP analysis?

My CWOP Station http://weather.gladstonefamily.net/site/C8702
My MesoMap Site http://www.rinconadventure.com/MesoMapLive/index.html I am in Pinewood Springs.

When i change to my WD to display i am in line with everyone else but out of line with NWS.  Does NWS diosplay altimeter?

Sorry for all of the questions ---:)
M

Offline mandronici

Re: Barometer Difference in CWOP and WD
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 01:44:01 AM »
OK -- :)  After further review i think i am actually OK.  I am reporting the altimeter pressure which is also in line with all of the readings from other NWS stations at my altitude (7,000 ft)  I am assuming the other stations are reporting Mean Sea Level and as i look at each of the CWOP sites they seem to be out of QoS range.  I think i will leave as is now that i know the difference between Station Pressure, Mean Sea Level Pressure and Altimeter Pressure. 

Thanks,
M