upload jpg file from canon camera to my website

I bought canon camera with remote capture(s200). the camera and the software work very good but my problem is the picture file that create every 5 min By name different.

if i want to upload the file with w.d i must that all the files will be in the same name. maybe i need to work with some Type of ftp program?

thanks

Depending on how you get the image into WD, and if the naming scheme is predictable from the camera, you can use tags in WD to call out the filename to ftp. I have not had to use this function but I know others have. You can setup WD to ftp a filename like “%datetag%webcam.jpg” when the filename is actually “09062007webcam.jpg”. Maybe you can do something similar with your setup.

hello NorCal Dan

were in w.d i can see this seting?

thanks

my site:
http://www.zafon.biz/safed/english/indexen.html

I think the canon creates serialized filenames, …1.jpg, …2.jpg, not date/time stamped ones. There’s a solution here that will at least get the file onto your website. Otherwise you could use a windows batch file do do something similar.

Yes, this topic comes up from time to time. The incrementing number being added to the filename causes a problem. It would be best to find a solution where the image gets into WD for processing and ftp to your site. I don’t think I would want to go the route of ftp’ing the image directly to my website and then try to figure out how to reference the image. If you can get the image into WD then you have more options on what to do with the image before it gets to your site.

If you could rename the image created every minute and remove the additional number then WD can import the image and handle the final processing.

i will try to work with the ftp program from this site http://www.deskshare.com

but It seems to be complicated #-o

Canon Remote Capture only serializes the number if there is an existing picture with the base file name already. To explain, I set my capture file name as webcam.jpg, if that file exists then webcam1.jpg will be created. So what I do is move the webcam.jpg file to an archive directory using a simple batch file run by Windows scheduler. I take pictures every 5 minutes and set the archive job to run every 1-2 minutes. If there is no file then the job just exits. In this way Remote Capture always saves the file as webcam.jpg so WD (or whatever you are using) knows what to look for.

I got creative with my archive batch file and actually renamed the webcam.jpg as webcam_ddmmyy_hhmm.jpg or similar.

Hope this helps.

Cheers
Colin.

the batch file is program or it is came with Windows xp?