Running VirtualVP as a service?

I realise that version 2 of VirtualVP is scheduled to have the ability to run as a windows service.

But in the meantime, has anyone had any success using, say, FireDaemon to run VirtualVP as a service?

All my other weather applications (including WeatherLink) are run via FireDaemon or some other automated means that doesn’t require anyone to log in. This ensures maximum reliability and automated restarts in the event that, say, the server goes down and needs to restart in my absence. (Like an extended blackout that outlives my weather server’s UPS).

Any suggestions welcome.

I know someone was running an earlier version of VirtualVP as a service using firedaemon (or something like that). When I upgraded the development tool I use to program VirtualVP, they reported that they could no longer run it as a service, and I was able to verify that. But I could not find what change made to the development tool broke this ability.

There are however several tools that can be used to run programs as services. I did not try VirtualVP with the other ones.

Steve