Wx...pages loaded as .shmtl?

Brian,
I want to use a common navigation block in my custom web pages without using Frames. I can do this at my web site using ‘server-side includes’ But this requires that the pages be .shtml rather than .html or .htm Would also be great if I could write PHP code in the wxlocal pages and have the pages upload as .php In other words can I change the upload file name type to whatever I like? There used to be an option for the upload to be .htm or .html but that seems to be hiding from me. I did see a place to specify the file type on the setup form for custom web pages, but it appears to apply to METAR.

I thought I had seen this or something like it discussed before, but sure can’t find the discussion anyplace.

Fred

you can set the file extension to use, on the custom setup screen

Brian,
Guess I must be missing something here. I went to the FTP setup, custom web page tab. entered the preferred suffix as ‘.shtml’ and clicked test button. Then watched the ftp program display. all files were identified as ‘.html’. Looked at the ftp error log detail and it also shows the files as being transferred as ‘.html’. So went to my web site, and based on time stamps all files were sent as ‘.html’, not /.shtml’ as wanted.

What am i doing wrong?

Fred

that should work, unless you are using the customise internet and file creation upload, where you can set the remoate filename there and the extension)
but , also, i would say the test does not use the newly assigned extension (i will check that), but you might find the next auto update does

Well, situation is not clear here. I had the ‘.shtml’ suffix entered in the custom web page tab, but also had the general ftp uploading the wx…html files as ‘.shtml’ too. So not clear who did what. Also the ftp error log doesnt show any ‘.shtml’ file uploads, but they are there any way!

So, I have gone to the custom web page and selected ‘update wx files but do not ftp them’. Then went to customize upload schedule and set each wx file to ‘.shtml’ and set each update to 1 minute, and each upload for 5 minute so I dont have to wait too long to see results.

But I noticed there is no way to set wx5 and above to ‘.shtml’ - hope the program assumes the obvious if 1 - 4 are set.

Fred

But I noticed there is no way to set wx5 and above to ‘.shtml’ - hope the program assumes the obvious if 1 - 4 are set.

LOL
i would have had to program in AI !
but if you have changed the file extension in the custom setup, then it should do
i will fix the /check the test routine,

Just got back to checking on WD. Files wx thru wx4 seem to be converted by the custom ftp scheduler, but not wx5 and above. So I guess I’d like you to add the little suffix input field for that group so you dont have to get involved in AI, and I dont go nuts either wink

Fred

Brian,
No luck getting the suffix options to work on ‘custom web page’.
The suffix option on the custom web page tab doesn’t seem to be creating .shtml files on the disk. Just thought you would like to know something didn’t seem to be working as expected. If you are concerned, I would put this way down the list of fixes, since the general upload does the work just fine.

General upload tab is doing a fine job of changing the WX… file names to ‘.shtml’ at upload which is all I really need. Consider the matter closed for me.

Fred

Brian,
No luck getting the suffix options to work on ‘custom web page’.
The suffix option on the custom web page tab doesn’t seem to be creating .shtml files on the disk. Just thought you would like to know something didn’t seem to be working as expected. If you are concerned, I would put this way down the list of fixes, since the general upload does the work just fine.

General upload tab is doing a fine job of changing the WX… file names to ‘.shtml’ at upload which is all I really need. Consider the matter closed for me.

Fred

hi
you still need it to be .html on your end, but it should rename it on the server to what you have it set in the customise internet and file creation setup remote file name
ver s9.88 ( now correct) does this for wxlocal 5 and above now

OK, loaded the new 9.88 and stopped the general upload. All files are now converted per the custom web page suffix option!!! D

Works just great. Thanks.

Now go refill the diesel tank there so that your tractor doesn’t run out while away from the barn. That is something I worry about a lot. My Kubota B3910 would require me to completely bleed the fuel line to remove air if I let it go dry. That after walking back to get fuel then hauling it over a road only a tractor could drive through. Not my idea of a good day.

Fred

luckily its a CASE, and self bleeds
the diesel gauge falls away very quickly!