Adding Weatherlink to Mix?

Hey everyone,
I am not sure if I am adding more fuel to my problem fire or not, so I hope that someone can set me straight.
Just to start, I use VVP (v1.1.1.2) to pull the data and send it to VP Live (1.1.7.2) and VWS (13.01 P09). I recently noticed while checking the Heat Index, Vantage Pro’s display read a high of 107 which occurred at 4:07 pm. I checked VWS, and it read a high of 105.31 at 5:51 pm. This was done on the 9th.

My first question is does VP Live make any adjustments to the data? (I know probably not, but needed to ask as I know VVP doesn’t.)

I decided to reload the latest Weatherlink to see what it might read as the days go by. I got it hooked all up into the system without issue. When I go to download the data while VVP is running, it tells me that there are 513 records and proceeds to run. When the bar gets full, it just sits there. VVP shows a status “Set Response for Get Archive Data Since”. If I turn VVP off, there is no archive in the data logger.

So to wrap it up, is there something i can do to help Weatherlink finish up it’s download?

Sorry for the long post. Thanks for the help!
-Andy

VPLive does not change any data. However, the heat index value displayed by VPLive is calculated by VPLive, and generally other weather programs will calculate this value as well. So it’s possible for the console and each program to display different heat index values if they implement different algorithms for calculating heat index.

I’m not sure if I understand the WeatherLink issue. When you say “there is no archive in the data logger”, what do you mean exactly? I’m not sure why WeatherLink is hanging. One thing you always should check for is that the console time is close to the computer’s time. If they get far off, sometimes weird things can happen.

Steve
SoftWx

Hey Steve,
Thank you for the information. That makes sense.
After spending most of the day trying various stuff, I believe that I may have figured out the problem with WeatherLink. Scouring the web and picking up bits and pieces here and on other boards, I reset the VP console and reinstalled the data logger. I also read about people having issues with the USB data logger. I switched back to the serial port one. I can only assume that is why I was not getting any archive data from the logger since the USB port wasn’t working.

Lastly, I deleted the VVP archive cache and temp files. (Both still are at 132 kb) In the end, suddenly everything loads and runs. (And VVP takes just a second to read the archive instead of 5 minutes.)
I guess I should have taken it step by step, but oh well.

Thanks again!
-Andy