Forbidden

Is anyone else getting these messages on the downloaded Metars?
Things have been going along nicely for months, until a few days ago when I started getting these… (using ver 9.85)

Forbidden
You don’t have permission to access /pub/data/observations/metar/decoded/KSET.TXT
on this server.

I download 4 metars every hour… the above message shows up at random on one or two of them every download. It will show up on one, and then the next hour it will be fine and the message will show on another one… very strange.

Keith

Yep! I’ve been getting the same message since upgrading to 9.85e! I just gave up on it and removed Metar from my web page!

Ed Bradley

I have had this happen occasionally. I think the

HI

Same for me. It appears to have gotten a lot worse the last 2 weeks or so. And like you guys mine is random also.

:?

MikeyM

its not a fault of WD
I am getting this at times too
try maybe schedulign the download at a not so busy time (ie not on the hour)
i suppose i should made wd not display it on the web page though…

Hi Brian

Oh, I agree that it’s NOT WD’s fault. The fault lies with NOAA somewhere.

Hope you are getting some time to relax.

Thanks

Cheers

:smiley:

MikeyM

Checking 2 METARS both stations fail with

next time you see it, email me the metar file and i will get wd to not display it on the web page (its ok at the moment, darn it) and or check the metar log…

next time you see it, email me the metar file and i will get wd to not display it on the web page (its ok at the moment, darn it) and or check the metar log…

next time you see it, email me the metar file and i will get wd to not display it on the web page (its ok at the moment, darn it) and or check the metar log...
Done. Thanks Brian. :D

Good idea Brian, but I’d fix the motor bike first :lol:

I hate to sound like a conspiracy type, cause I’m not, but I think the public servants at NOAA are getting back at the public for budget cuts!

i am going to look at it 2 nite
motorbike:
its a fuse (ignition fuse) that is blowing randomly
i had to keep on swapping fuses out…down to just the headlight working…but the repair shop have taken it away today and left me with a loan bike…which is a heap!

i am pretty sure ver s9.86e should handle this OK
let me know :slight_smile: