At Least The Domain Is Registered And Configured

http://www.shaggysworld.com/

Full website up and running by saturday evening then? (at the latest!) :roll: :roll: Your Rain Gauge might get a check tonight… :wink: :wink:

Isn’t that July-Hem ?? :lol:

Waiting…

Standby For Mayhem!!!

Working for me… Where is the weather :stuck_out_tongue:

-Bob

The rain gauge did get a test. I nfact I have posted a question under WD as I still dont think the data is correct. Its is correct on the vp.

I got a bit further http://www.shaggysworld.com/

Shaggy,

Your navigation buttons have rollovers to show a different image when rolled over however those images are missing.

Otherwise off to a good start :slight_smile:

-Bob

Yeah, I took the Nav button off for now. Gonna make some new ones with the heading I want.

The next stage is to get the weather stuff working on the new domain.

Another update. just need to get the live bit working and I am a happy man. Well, other than uploading my hunting pictures, getting a PC for the Weather Station, getting a Solar and UV sensor and the Boltek lightning stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

Shaggy,

Based on what I think your plans are for your web site may I suggest moving your /wdl files to a subdirectory under your main public directory.

Assuming you have FTP access to your hosting account just login and in the same directory where your index file is now create a directory (many use WDL for a name) and then move those files there.

That would allow your main page to be displayed with links to each aspect of your site.

Just a suggestion,
Bob

Edit: The above was based on link in Shaggy’s profile which still was going to OLD site and not new #-o

Great start Shaggy - its looking really great already!! All your hobbies together. On WU, your temperature is quite different to another on the same map - across the city a bit. Its not too affected by direct sunlight is it?

On WU, have you added your webcam? You can add them through WD as well… perhaps you have. I did not see it loaded to your PWS Wx site. Have a great new week!

NZ

Thanks guys. Still having trouble with the live bit at the mo. I have another thread going in WDL forum.

As for the temp it is in direct sunlight for some of the day but it is spot on. i check regularly (not just temp) with Southend Airport which is not far from me as the crow fly’s. Its always correct within 1 deg. If you look on Wunderground there is a chap that is not that far from me. His show a difference between mine and the Airport.

and there is me still saving up…aggghhhh :roll:

With four teenagers and only one income, I am always looking for cheap options, and am interested in the 1-Wire system at the moment for those items and then it may still be one at a time… :frowning: Solar sensor is first though.

Oh, one more thing, on the links to the various html files, just inside the end bracket of the address, and after the last quote add this code…

<a href="link address" target="_blank">

I think you must use a space after the quote. This will make the link open in a new page every time and leave the original master page still alive!! Keen trick - I went through all the lines I have made in my serial text/images main page to do this :wink:

Ok I understand about the temperature and you have good equipment so direct sunlight should not be a problem. I’ll check the WDL forum… :slight_smile: Oh, I just checked your site - it seems to be working almost perfectly - a bit of text formatting and location issue, that’s all.

When I go to the US I will let you know. I can bring you one back as well.

More on topic but a slant - WU webcams - go here and make sure you are logged in,

http://www.wunderground.com/webcams/index.html?range=intl

And near top on RHS is “Add your webcam”

You give it a name and then you can setup the uploads in WD - it creates the correct filename and all before it sends. Then once it is generated, you can link it to your PWS using a button and text box somewhere, then on the home Wx PWS page it adds your webcam image into the summary icon at top right.

Its all good!

Then once it is generated, you can link it to your PWS using a button and text box somewhere,
i have not been able to find that somwhere, LOL,myself any hints?

Brian,

One place is Click on Your station data link like for me it is:
http://www.wunderground.com/weatherstation/WXDailyHistory.asp?ID=KFLJACKS20

Then on the right side is “Add PWS Stickers to your website!”

-Bob

Windy - you need to go to the master webcam list page and up near the top is an “Add your Webcam”

Click on that and it will give you your current webcam details and then you can go “Edit” and a new page allows you, near the bottom to Link to your PWS - just enter the IFRNKLI2 ? is it and within a day it is linked up. HTH (Its all from memory)

Well that’s how I managed to link the two - I went back to front and generated the webcam image first, then added the Wx STn data 8O #-o , then go back to the Webcam side and link from there. YMMV…

Cheers

Ok, I have added it. just need to wait for it to appear :D.

Out of interest. Do you guys upload your info to any other sites. I am doing CWOP and WU