Clientraw Description Documentation and Parser - Updated May 2016

Clientraw Description Documentation

Been meaning to complete this for some time, but just haven’t had the time.

While maintaining the WD-Parser, I had to know what each of the fields in the Clientraw datafiles were, positions and the data type they were. Originally, this information was gleamed from the clientrawdesc.txt file that comes with WD.

I have now created a series of documents that contain this information in expanded form for others to use.

They cover currently, the following four files.

• clientraw.txt
  • clientrawextra.txt
  • clientrawdaily.txt
  • clientrawhour.txt

The documentation is available in several forms.

Web Document:

I will now maintain these along with the changes that I make to the WD-Parser when changes or new fields are added to WD.

WD-Parser:

Moderator note: Kevin’s parser has now been replaced with an up-to-date version, please see the following post.

Hopefully, these will provide an easier to understand document of the contents of the files to lessen many of the questions concerning what they are, how they are formatted etc.

Questions, comments and suggestions can be discussed here:

Discussion Area

In honor of Kevin Reed who created the WD Parser and passed away in January, 2018, I’ve created a replica version on my site to provide the same functionality as Kevin’s parser.

The WD parser (and clientraw*.txt docs with my current data shown) are available at https://saratoga-weather.org/wdparser.php and on the main menu under Scripts.

Best regards,
Ken