Anyone use the AAG TAI8540 1-Wire Humidity / Temp Sensor?

I have been working with Brian on a problem with the AAG combo humidity/temp sensor not graphing correctly on the auto graphs. It graphs the humidity but not the temp. I installed the iButton viewer program and it works fine with this sensor and a AAG temp only sensor, so I am pretty sure my 1-wire network is working OK. In WD when I click on the Setup Dallas 1 wire sensors, a ROM ID is found for the humidity sensor and another ROM ID is found for the extra temp only sensor BUT no ROM ID for the temp sensor built into the humidity sensor. Any help from anyone?
Is WD suppose to see 2 ROM ID’s for this sensor? If not what ID’s go where in the ROM ID boxes? I am using the 1-wire for extra sensors as I have a WM918 as my main station.
I’m sure Brian is busy, so I didn’t want to brother him with this question.

Thanks

Kevin

ah, ok, i get it now, the penny has dropped
the temperature from the humidity sensor wd automaticly gets, but it is not assigned as a normal extra temperature sensor, but instead has its own variable
so, i need a setup in the dallas set up where you set that that temperature is used as an extra temperature sensor
i will do that over the weekend

in a new 9.85c, ready now, in the dallas 1 wire setup, you can tick which humidity sensor temperature you want to use as a extra temperature sensor
try that
(i might have to add where you can select which extra temp number to assign it as (1 to 10)

OK, in the Dallas setup I tick the “Use the temp from the hum sensor #1 as extra temp #1” and click save/reset and close. I go back into Dallas 1-wire setup and it is not ticked. I tested the 1 wire sensors by setting to stationless and my hum and 2 temp readings all graph fine in the auto graphs. The combo hum/temp sensor is the main hum/temp. When I have the WM918 set as the main hum/temp I cannot get the Dallas hum/temp sensor to work as an extra hum/temp.
Thanks again for all the help

Kevin

Just ordered one today and I’ll let you know how I make out with it when it arrives. I seem to be having a lot of problems with the JJWare version. Seems to constantly read high. Might be location.

Cheers

:smiley:

MikeyM

I use the AAG TAI8540 1-Wire Humidity / Temp Sensor. It’s been flawless so far except for an intermittent RJ11 connector which took a while to find. And the accuracy seems to be good because the humidity readings track my local official humidity values very well. I have mine installed in a home-built pagoda (5 white plastic dishes stacked on threaded rod with “ink pen barrel” spacers) mounted on the end of a 6-foot long piece of PVC pipe.

Having the humidity temp sensor available as an extra temp sensor will be great.

WOW 8O

What a GREAT temp / humidity sensor package and VERY reasonably priced. I had a little trouble getting it set up in WD, but that’s probably my fault. Very nicely packaged and the service from AAG was VERY prompt.
Think I’ll get another one and replace the old temp / humidity sensor that I was using.

:smiley:

Cheers

MikeyM

I lost another DS9097U due to a close lightning strike. When I changed out to a spare ( last spare ) DS9097U, I lost the temp reading from the AAG TA18540B. I can’t remember what you have to do to get it reading the temp also. The humidity is reading fine. Every time I “tick” the use #1 humidity as extra temp # 1 and “save/reset” and then I come back and the “tick” is NOT ticked.

:?

Help

Sorry next time I get it going I will save the “screen prints” of the setup page.

Thanks

Cheers

MikeyM