Iroxdata, now that you're back?

XP, TE923W, 10.37d build 15

Hi windy, the storm chase looked great, wished I was with you. Storms are so rare her and I really miss them.

There are still 2 problems with iroxdata, which otherwise is almost perfect now.

When doing data recovery, it gets lost if the data wraps around.

And, when WD has been running a long time, suddenly iroxdata is seen using over 90% of CPU, and I have to exit and restart WD.

for the 2nd part, i think it might be when there is alot of data logged in the separate iroxdata.exe program
(i.e do you only have to just exit and then restart that program?)
(and though use the latest full install, as there is an udpated iroxdata.exe, which should clear out the logged data on the screeen…try that for starters)

I exit the whole WD and restart - but actually I’ve never tried just exiting iroxdata.

Installing latest build, fingers crossed. :wink:

please just try exiting and restarting that program
thats what I am interested in finding out about (I have asked before for people to report back on that, but no answers)

OK, I’ll do that the next time I see iroxdata using too much CPU. No problem with that so far with the latest full build (20).

Or did you want me to just do it now anyway?

Or did you want me to just do it now anyway?
no the idea is to do it when the 100% cpu problem occurs

Iroxdata was using 50%; I shut it down via right-click its icon in the system tray. Restarted it by clicking it in C:\Program Files\wdisplay. That did fix it - now showing 0% CPU. :smiley:

do i have it where its auto clearing out all the logged data?
(should be , maybe its not)

How do I tell? these are the most recently updated logs.

ScreenShot064.gif

no, i mean, the data showing in the iroxdata.exe program…is it periodicly being cleared out?

Yes. :slight_smile:
It just shows one line of data, and erases it before it writes the next line.

1013.4 temperature= 19.7 oC extra temp 1 -1.0 extra temp 2 -1.0 extra temp 3 -1.0 extra temp 4 -1.0 extra temp 5 -0.0 extra hum 1 10 extra hum 2 10 extra hum 3 10 extra hum 4 10 extra hum 5 57 windspeed= 0.0 kts gust speed= 0.0 kts

Windy, please see http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/183771

Build 03 recovery didn’t handle the wrap. Data missing from midnight to early morning.

It stops when it finds the end time. It should keep going until it finds the beginning time.

if you could post up the raw data report so I can have a look,next time you get to the data wrap point?
thanks

Raw data - do you mean just iroxhistory.txt? Or did you also want iroxhistoryhex.txt?

I’ll save one the next time it happens, here’s what I remember.
Say it’s looking for start time=midnight to end time=8 AM.
The first data it finds is 4 AM.
It updates until it gets to the 8 AM.
Then it stops, saying “Current data found, finishing up”.

It should go on until it finds the start time. Instead it omits the midnight to 4 AM data.

But wait until I have a log for you. Might be a couple of days from now.

wd checks the most current data position, and then goes back from that positon depending on how much data is needed
what could happen is if that period in time to go back means that the data position number then gets to zero…it should then start counting down from the max memory the console could hold…i think that is the crux of the problem…i will see if i can get around that problem

Here’s a log (attached) with just a small amount of missed data.
It’s looking for data from 10:24:00 PM 06/18/07
The first it entry it finds and updates is *****updating data 11:21:00 PM 06/18/07
It updates from there to present time and ends. Never does get data 10:25 to 11:20.

Edit: When you have time, could you possibly make it so WD calls Save & Exit when it gets the Windows event message that Windows is shutting down? Kind of a nuisance to have to manually exit it and most programs do their save when closed by Windows.

iroxhistory.zip (5.09 KB)

i think you might have only a 8k model?
i.e only 215 or so data points?
thats the first problem there…i have assumed 430 memory size…so i will change that

and so wd is starting off looking from the wrong place (321)

i will change that now and you can test that
(and so idealy wd will then start looking from a memory location past where the current data position is )
stand by

ok, update:
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/WeatherD.zip

(please provide the iroxhistory.txt file too after the next try , thanks)

Downloaded & installed - thanks.

I think the memory is bigger than 215 data points. Model 4 is supposed to have more than that, isn’t it?
When I ran wswin32 on it a couple of months ago I seem to remember it extracted a lot of data.

I’ll see what happens tonight with build 05 and let you know tomorrow. It’s nice that not much of interest happens at night so gaps aren’t that important. Only the lowest temperature, and that can be read out at the console.

Incidentally, the ftupd.exe does a beautiful job. :slight_smile: No one who wants to put their data on Wunderground should be even thinking of using anything else.