Heat Index/Humidex

The calculations don’t jive

Heat index is 71 on the VP Console. 64 on the Wdisplay, Humidex 82.
Humidity is 93% and the temp is 69F

The issue is that IF, I decide I do not want the humidex, the heat index does not match the heat index on the screen shot. It shows the humidex instead, even if the option is ticked or not ticked. ALSO the values are not consistent between the VP console and WD and both don’t match Wdisplay. Something changed when the Humidex was introduced.

Is anyone else seeing this or am I just unique?

http://home.mchsi.com/~toubes1/

The VP uses a different heat index calculation, there’s a thread about a month ago about this.

for the article. I am wondering that the heat index that WD calculates doesn’t match the one on the summary.gif . Seems that it more matches the humidex. So when I decide that I want just the heat index, I don’t see a change in value only in label.

But thanks for the heads up on the thread. I will find it.

I think the Broadcast Summary defaults to the Humidex Title when I update the WD version. The setup, summary image still shows Heat Index ticked, but if I untick heat index and retick it, the Summary displays Heat index.
WD v9.84d 2003/07/15 - 07:13 hrs :?

I did what you recommended and the resultis right on the money compared to WD. Interesting. the program must not reset itself on this item when the humidex is checked. I did find it curious that one needs to check 2 boxes to accept the humidex. One to say use the heat index, but the second says disregard the first if you want the humidex, so why are both necessary to yield one. I would think an either or box would be best.

However, I thought some time ago the number of command lines in the software were approaching the US debt in numbers.

I think the Broadcast Summary defaults to the Humidex Title when I update the WD version. The setup, summary image still shows Heat Index ticked, but if I untick heat index and retick it, the Summary displays Heat index. WD v9.84d 2003/07/15 - 07:13 hrs :?
The Broadcast Summary defaults to the Humidex Title after a computer restart also. WD v9.84d 2003/07/16 - 03:43 hrs :?

here. I think the program is beginning to take over on its own, HAL???