Learn More About Weather

Thanks to ANVANA for finding and telling us about the MetEd site…it looks like an excellent resource to me. When I get some free time I’ll probably do some of the modules myself.

The MetEd (Meteorology Education and Training) Website (www.meted.ucar.edu) was established to provide education and training resources to benefit the operational forecaster community, university atmospheric scientists and students, and anyone interested in learning more deeply about meteorology and weather forecasting topics.

The site houses online learning materials, as well as information on other training and education activities, such as classroom courses and teletraining, and links to other related resources.

MetEd is populated and maintained by the COMET Program, which is part of the University Corporation for Atmospheric Research’s (UCAR’s) Office of Programs (UOP). The MetEd Website is made possible by the sponsors of the COMET Program.

Topics include a variety of subjects including Aviation Weather, Coastal Weather, Tropical/Hurricanes, Emergency Management, Fire Weather, and more. A complete list of topics is available on the site home page.

Registration is required to participate, but according to the site, there is no charge for taking the courses.

Joe
Topsail Island Weather
www.topsailweather.com

That sounds great!! The Stormchasers Classroom… :lol:

I need to be educated so it seems like a great place to concentrate some effort.

Thanks guys.

1. Are you sure it is educated you need, others may see it differently :roll:

I have learned a TON from MetEd. Many of the courses cover the exact same material as in met school.

Thanks for the education its a new lesson to learn, I really appreciate this.