WxSim forecast story

Around 6 this morning, I ran my morning WxSim forecast, and then went on to other things. A little while later, my wife checked it out and mentioned that it was showing a 20% chance of rain for Wednesday. I noticed that the NWS wasn’t showing any chance of rain for that day.

On the way to work at about 7:40, I heard the “Traffic and Weather Together” forecast on the local AM News/Talk station, 920 KVEC. The announcer mentioned a 20% chance of rain on Wednesday. Huh…

When I got to work, I checked every forecast I could think of: NWS, Accuweather, Intellicast, Wunderground, Weatherforyou… Most were forecasting no rain for Wednesday (the NWS line), one was forecasting rain w/ no percentage, and one was forecasting 30% chances. The only one forecasting 20% was my SLOweather.com/WxSim forecast.

I guess KVEC thinks the SLOweather/WxSim forecast is good enough to air!

(There’s another little SLOweather story about that station. For a year or two, they would read off a bunch of local temps, and I knew from the locale descriptions, one of them was mine. It took me a while to figure out from where they were getting it. It turned out to be WeatherUnderground. Once I figured that out, I edited my Wunderground text to say, “Hi, KVEC”. After that, up until they stopped that particular reading of local temps, whenever they read mine, they said, Hi, folks!" I ran into the morning newsies about that time and mentioned it to them. They said that until then, they never could figure out where that “Hi, KVEC” message came from.)