cloudy cloudy

Author Topic: WxSim forecast story  (Read 1702 times)

Offline sloweather

• Notes from the outpost...
    • SLOweather.com
WxSim forecast story
« on: April 10, 2007, 03:13:56 AM »
Around 6 this morning, I ran my morning WxSim forecast, and then went on to other things. A little while later, my wife checked it out and mentioned that it was showing a 20% chance of rain for Wednesday. I noticed that the NWS wasn't showing any chance of rain for that day.

On the way to work at about 7:40, I heard the "Traffic and Weather Together" forecast on the local AM News/Talk station, 920 KVEC. The announcer mentioned a 20% chance of rain on Wednesday. Huh...

When I got to work, I checked every forecast I could think of: NWS, Accuweather, Intellicast, Wunderground, Weatherforyou... Most were forecasting no rain for Wednesday (the NWS line), one was forecasting rain w/ no percentage, and one was forecasting 30% chances. The only one forecasting 20% was my SLOweather.com/WxSim forecast.

I guess KVEC thinks the SLOweather/WxSim forecast is good enough to air!

(There's another little SLOweather story about that station. For a year or two, they would read off a bunch of local temps, and I knew from the locale descriptions, one of them was mine. It took me a while to figure out from where they were getting it. It turned out to be WeatherUnderground. Once I figured that out, I edited my Wunderground text to say, "Hi, KVEC". After that, up until they stopped that particular reading of local temps, whenever they read mine, they said, Hi, folks!" I ran into the morning newsies about that time and mentioned it to them. They said that until then, they never could figure out where that "Hi, KVEC" message came from.)

SLOweather Chris