Jordan's Online Forecast Display.

I’m experimenting with this. For the moment, I have a site at http://www.cypenv.org/wxfcast/forecast.php that is using it. This is v. 1.56 with a few colour modifications.

This seems OK except that, if it shows

Sunny. A chance of rain in the afternoon. High 20. Wind west around 2 mps in the morning, becoming 3 mps in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation less than 20 percent. Precipitation mostly less than 2 mm.
the icon shows a car with headlights on in driving rain, even though the main weather is sunny.

I see in the new config.php file

Minimum theshold to show precipitation probability

in image and change to UV if it exists in forecast

$perci = n;
I changed n to various values from 5 to 50 and this makes no difference.

Note I have $gdena set to zero, as 1 gives no icons (broken image). I have not understood how this is supposed to work.

Can anyone explain what I’m doing wrong, please?

Any mention of precipitation overrides sky conditions. Thus, the script acts properly when “chance of rain” appears in the forecast.

Best,

Jordan

Thanks for this info, but is it logical? A bright sunny day with a small chance of a mm or two of rain in the afternoon should not show as heavy driving rain. IMHO, something like

would be more descriptive under these conditions, don’t you think?

Perhaps, in the context of your icon style, a diagonally split one showing sun (or moon) in TL and rain in BR would be more explicit, if you allow me to make the suggestion.

Would you be willing to follow up on this suggestion? If not, could you give me some info on how to modify the scripts so that I can do it myself?

Thanks.

I see your point. Let me look for some proper replacement graphics.

Jordan