IROX and history

Hi from France

I had a WS 2500 weather station for 3 years, and since a few days, I’ve earn a IROX Honeywell PRO-X USB.

Nice thing, it looks nice, even if the anometer seems to be a little weak… Wind speed looks lower than with the WS 2500.

But the problem I want to explain is following…

When I use WD, the soft loads history of the IROX, but it’s not very clear for me what kind of data it loads…

After a while, I need to “stop” loading, and WD reads directly data from the station, everything looks fine, I have update every minute on WD…

But when I shut down PC for a while, I don’t know how to have data which are recorded in the station during this shut down time…

I start WD again, and it reads something, but nothing seems to work, I miss all data during the shut down time.

I can see on graphics that no data are recorded by WD…

How can I do that ?? some settings I missed ?

Sorry for my french english explanation, technical words are not very clear to me

Thanks in advance for help

EDIT: I’ve the 10.37c build 13 version… :wink:

Hi
i have been working on improving the irox history data extraction
the first thing is that WD needs to first find where in the memory the latest data is
(from 0 to 3340)
first though download a new version of WD as there are some things I have improved with the irox history extraction (and there are more things I need to improve on yet (like WD knowing it has all the missed data))

once data is found and its data needed by WD to fill in the missing data, then next time wd starts it will know where to look

you can manualy set the memory location to look for the latest history data
(try setting that, and you can jump forward by 50 at a time(

All right, that’s why I see data like “FF FF FF FF…” on the history extraction screen

I’ll try this as soon as I come back home (I’m working at this time :roll:)

Thanks for all the work you make ! :smiley:

Back home, I’ve tried to “force load”, and about record #1730, some data are readed, with correct value I guess (very difficult to see what’s goign on, if I select “stop”, the window disapears…).

Before and after #1770 (around), the recorded data looks like “5A FF FF FF…”

Hi
yes, if you see the FF data, then there is no data at that place in memory
and so the history data pointer needs to be advanced
unfortunately there are alot of different models of the Irox station all with different amounts of memory available, and so the position where the data is , is always very different between each model
(somewhere between 0 and 3340)

there is a log file produced, iroxhistorylog.txt, to help

Well, it looks very hard to do something with that…

I send you the “log” file, if you want to have a look… if it can helps, I don’t understand who read it…

Thanks for the job…

iroxhistory.txt (9.21 KB)

try changing the history number (you can manualy change it) in the irox history exraction window , until actual data shows up
(you can force that history data window to reapear via control panel, data logger setup)

Hi, tuesday morning here…

So, I’ve tried you told me, but the “good” data begins at #1723, it’s unreadable for me (in hexa code)…

It doesn’t seem to work, on graphics, I can see that data are missing…

It’s a bit difficult to explain in english, it would be easier in french… :lol: sorry for inconvenience…

SOmething else, but I guess it’s the weather station…

Resolution of pluviometer is 0.1 mm, but it gives data each 0.7 mm… as 0.7, 1.4, 2.1…

WD takes rain data fine… this morning, it’s snowing were I live…

A few days ago, we had almost 20

Hi
I am pretty sure the Irox rain gauge only goes up in 0.7mm tips each time

if you set the irox history record number in WD to 1723, in the history exraction window, then is valid data coming through?

I’ll stop connection between computer and Irox, to see how WD takes history when I’ll reconnected it…

And I’ll send you again the “log” file

I stop connection between computer and Irox for about 5 minutes and here is the “iroxhistory.txt” file

WD missed the history data, perharps time was too short…

Again, thanks for all what you make for WD… :wink:

iroxhistory.txt (15.6 KB)

the shortest the irox can store data is 5 minutes, (make sure it is set to 5 minute logging)
so your test would need to be for a longer period
the iroxhistory log does not show any valid data
try other memory location numbers (from 0 to 3340) and see if you can find where you data is being stored
(i wonder if there is some place where this information is always kept…sure wish there was some irox experts could help me out)

Ok, I’ll start to force a load of data from Irox station, and I’ll send you the “iroxhistory.txt” which it produces…

I’ll be back with the file… :wink:

The last one I did, it appeared that after it wrapped around it was not on record boundaries any more. I.e. there was more than one 5A at the beginning of each line.

Also, it’s starting somewhat too far back now - a whole day early.

Edit: Is there a way to redirect the hex dump into a file? I think if I could eyeball it I could find where the data is.

what i need is a bright spark to help me out
with the information that I do have
(i can email them that)

there is i see a next record address pointer
so i need to able to find that

that will be the key

i.e that number should hopefully be in the same place in irox memory all the time,and idealy would point to the memory location of the next history data position in memory

I think they may be chained, with each record having a pointer to the next.

That would explain the change of date in successive records.
I’d love to see that hex dump. It goes by too fast to capture.

i can get that logged for you, so you can help me, yes? :slight_smile:
i will see if i can find the next position occuring at once place all the time…i.e at the first data position
and see if that one changes…that would be ideal

I’d love to help if I can. I used to be a developer (Phoenix Bios) though admittedly that was 5 years ago.

one thing i might not have correct is this area:
write 166 255 1 1721
amount of data =34
write 157 255 1 1722
amount of data =34
baro= 4095.9
write 204 255 1 1722
amount of data =34
write 195 255 1 1723
amount of data =34
baro= 4095.9
write 242 255 1 1723
amount of data =34
write 233 255 1 1724
amount of data =34
baro= 2120.3
write 24 0 2 1724
amount of data =34
write 15 0 2 1725
amount of data =34
baro= 546.0
write 62 0 2 1725
amount of data =34
write 53 0 2 1726
amount of data =34
baro= 74.6
write 100 0 2 1726

i.e with the data written to the console to request the next history location
(increases by 26hex at a time)
its when the last number has to go up to 2, which happens when the middle number gets to 255
(little indian format,low byte first, to request the memory location)
when this happens, i might not have the first number increasing correctly?

I would like to see the raw binary data, or a hex dump of it.

I have lots of saved iroxhistory.txt but without the binary data it’s hard to figure out what goes wrong.

One thing I’ve noticed is that after reading a bunch of records correctly, if runs into a bunch of lines that are all FFs. Iroxdata pays no attention and keeps on going.
Those FFs could mean that you are reading the data too fast and have gotten ahead of the USB feed.