Metar barometer in WD

The FTP/Metar Download page in setup has a checkbox in the Metar section that seems to suggest that the pressure reported by Metar can be used as the WD displayed pressure. The local Metar data is being downloaded.

Checking that box does not seem to make it happen. What else have I missed?

The FTP/Metar Download page in setup has a checkbox in the Metar section that seems to suggest that the pressure reported by Metar can be used as the WD displayed pressure. The local Metar data is being downloaded.

Checking that box does not seem to make it happen. What else have I missed?

What weather station do you have?
What version of WD are you using?
What version of the FTP are you using?
What is your operating system?
Are you using a desktop or laptop computer?
Are you using a screen saver?

In order:

Dallas/AAG version 2
WD 9.79d
WD FTP
Win 98SE
Desktop
Yes, a windows screen saver but it does not seem to cause any problem

Thanks for your help. I have been able to resolve most questions concerning WD since installing it a few days ago, but this one stopped me.

hi
can you do a screen shot of the ftp metar download page and get it displayed here?

Here is a clip from the download:

San Francisco, San Francisco International Airport, CA, United States (KSFO) 37-37-11N 122-21-53W 26M
Jun 14, 2003 - 03:56 PM EDT / 2003.06.14 1956 UTC
Wind: from the W (260 degrees) at 16 MPH (14 KT):0
Visibility: 10 mile(s):0
Sky conditions: mostly clear
Temperature: 64.0 F (17.8 C)
Dew Point: 50.0 F (10.0 C)
Relative Humidity: 60%
Pressure (altimeter): 30.04 in. Hg (1017 hPa)
ob: KSFO 141956Z 26014KT 10SM FEW016 18/10 A3004 RMK AO2 SLP171 T01780100
cycle: 20

I can email a copy of the file if you need more.

As a separate observation, I have the download set for hourly. However, I seem to get 4 to 7 downloads of the same item through the hour (not all at once).

Regards,
Ray

hi
i also need to know what you have ticked on hte ftp/metar download page
(i.e do a screen shot and get up to a website if you can (use print screen on the keyboard then paste into say word or paint shop pro) and ftp to a web site or email me it

FTP/Metar page image sent by email.

hi
i found the problem, hopefully
try a new 9.79e version download
thanks

:smiley: Hi Brian,

That appears to have fixed it. There are now 3 decimal digits showing-- you may wish to change to the usual 2 decimals on the next release. I admire your tenacity in support of WD.

Thanks very much,
Ray

its using the SLP reading in the metar (last item), if it is there, i.e the pressure to 0.1 hpa, so you need that extra digit