Web pages?

Rather than do the easier method of web pages… that is the one Windy provides, I would like to use FrontPage.

How would one go about using any of the tags for a web table or is that possible, right now it looks like the various gifs would be the only thing that would upload.

Finally one sort of related question.
On the pull down menu option, can any of the pull downs be referenced to a separate page (html) rather than somewhere on the screen.

:?:

You just put the tag where you want it, i.e.

“Temperature: %temp%”

Save the file as wxlocal.html in c:\wdisplay\webfiles. WDisplay will update it with the periodicity you select, and converts the tags into their current values. The wxlocal.html file is a template; the resulting HTML page, the one that gets uploaded, will then be wx.html. You can do up to thirty pages by naming them wxlocal.html through wxlocal30.html, the resulting web page from the wxlocal30.html template will be wx30.html.

Easier than it sounds or looks.

I’ve heard Front Page can cause problems with various web hosts. If you run into problems, you may want to consider one of the several free HTML editors out there; I like 1st Page 200 from www.evrsoft.com (not a typo - it IS evrsoft, not eversoft.).

You can also post the gifts you want using the standard HTML tag of

[code:1][/code:1]

I have had good results with FrontPage 2002, so far. I use it for my second half of my site, that is the data analysis stuff.

I go through this phase of my web life every year or so. Now that I am on summer vacation, I am thinking that the second half of my site, isn’t getting the traffic I think it should.

The stock page is great enough, but I have expanded, much like the weather station, other than adding additional temperature sensors ( like the basement, yep, how are the bugs coping with the cold down there?) or a few more soil probes, I think I have done all that can be done with the Vantage Pro.

So the next option is the web page.

I like the pulldown menus, and that would be great if there was a way to upload all of the things he shows, but not have them appear on the main page. Most appear to be hyperlinks.

So, this will give me some starting point.

Again, thanks for the info. :roll:

I like the pulldown menus, and that would be great if there was a way to upload all of the things he shows, but not have them appear on the main page. Most appear to be hyperlinks.

You could do this by creating a new web page that includes only those elements that you want. Use the template I created as a starting point (I think it’s now part of the standard download). Then just link users to the new page instead of the standard WD web page. The upload of the standard web page will still take all the relevant bits of graphics, etc across and your page then uses them for itself. There’s a slight overhead in uploading the standard web page but it’s not a massive file so it’s not too big a problem.