I don't want WD to make any GIF webcam files

I have searched but I have not found! As I’m only using jpg files (for quality reasons) for all my webcam video etc., is there any way to prevent “time-stamped” and animated GIF files being automatically produced on any re-start of WD. I have deselected all the relevant tick boxes/switches etc, but whenever I do a restart of WD they start being produced yet again. The culprit appears to be an automatic entry within "Webcam capture/File Save/set the Gif file name…Help :? :? NB I’m using 10.37c build 00

Do you have any of the Animated web cam image options ticked at all?

-Bob

I was assuming that was the problem, but have looked everywhere, but cannot find any box ticked. However, I did initially use an animated webcam GIF for the main WD webpage (none animated jpg used now) and that text seems to show despite being deselected in View/webcam image/animated webcam as a destination file on C drive. However, I have not found a way of removing that text at upper left…see screen shot

i will add an option to the time stamp settings page to not produce a gif time stamp file as well
the animated gif should get produced if the switch is off there…i will check on that too

OK…I did a full shut down a few minutes ago and sure enough the GIF images are being produced in full, after restart. :? Thanks. :smiley: :smiley:

I second the thanks for this as I also dont require the GIF files.

Hi
with this update:
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/WeatherD.zip
it should only create the animatedwebcam.gif if the animated switch is ON and will only create a time stamped gif file if that switch is on too (only reason to have it)
also a new wdwebcamcapture where if no gig file name set, then no gif file name created

Thanks Brian, Just excellent. :smiley: 8) 8)

Hi Brian…A problem. I shut down WD and Moviemaker and then swapped out the orig files in WD for those sent in your Zip. Did a restart (help shows build 02) and although I definitely do NOT have Gif files being built, I’m apparently NOT getting time stamped JPG files although I’m seeing an over-written JPG file being continuosly updated. I have checked that the tick boxes/switches have been correctly set but still NO JPG time-stamped individual files. A subsequent shut-down of WD and re-start has had no affect. Still NO time-stamped JPG files.

I have now swapped back to 37c b 00 a to get the time-stamped files running again (GIF and JPG being produced OK) for the website daytime viewers.

Did I use the wrong process in swappout or someting else.

Thanks

humm
make sure under time stamped files the switch is on there still, and 1 minute ticked too…
if still no go, zip and email me your settings and i will test here

actualy i have the same problem…investigating what i have broken

do you have an access violation error every minute under view, program event log?
i do…which is the problem…investigating now

Unfortunately i went back to build 00 so nothing untoward now…I’ll reload/put back the 00 build shortly…sorry

try this update :
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/WeatherD.zip
mine is starting to work again now :wink:

Downloaded and should have result v soon…

It has been running a few mins now and all looks good…Time-stamped JPG files OK…NO gif Files…Nothing in the Event log…Just waiting for next FTP etc and movie create (10 sec)…10 second was OK…Next hr due in a while (min 03 etc) …All looking good so far…I’ll let you know further soon

:smiley: :smiley: Everything looking good Brian…All the movies and webcam working fine…Thanks v much for your work. !0.37c build 02

Since the new changes I can’t seem to find a way to get my 10 minuet timestamped gif files back. I was getting both jpg and gif before. I use 3rd party to get my webimage.jpg and webimage.gif. I found a way to get 10 minuet jpg files but when you view images for the day with jpg and click on them they enlarge to a blank. It appears to be viewing the missing gif file.

My question is how to get the 10 minuet gifs and or can we fix the view images during the day to work with jpg only.

the viewing of the all day video pictures should work with the jpg time stamped files OK
i have added to that page where you set the name of the file to use (override)…try that
note, the gif time stamped files will update if you have the animated gif setup and on in the web cam setup…

I got the jpgs working using the override as you said. But when you click to enlarge a picture it is blank. Appears to be looking for a gif file to enlarge.

I did find the animated but it also created a bunch of other files I did not need.

Thanks for the quick response